1 2 3 4
.

Photograph

Franklin Street

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: A view of Franklin street.

Date: 1904-03 

Description: Detail of a Sanborn map of Grafton including the Sheboygan Knitting Company.

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: A view of the harbor.

Photograph

Laying Asphalt

Date: 1988-07-07 

Description: A worker wipes his brow as he spreads asphalt on a driveway on a hot summer day.

Date: 1998-02-06 

Description: "We are at Smith Bros. in Port Washington. Original plans were to eat at No No's in Newburg but when they told us it would be a two hour wait, we continued...

Photograph

Stony Hill School

Date: 1946-06-14 

Description: Stony Hill School house where first Flag Day was celebrated on June 14, 1885.

Date: 1963 ca.

Description: A Main Street office building. "Here is the historic Port Washington building which once housed the law firm of Pierce & Stanford and now is the property o...

Date: 1910-10 

Description: Detail of a Sanborn Map of Grafton including the Northern Chair Company.

Date: 1947-07-04 

Description: Ring at the Cedarburg horse show with cowgirls and cowboys. On the right are crowd-filled bleachers behind fence.

Photograph

Bridge Construction

Date: 1906 

Description: Steel span railroad bridge under construction over Cedar Creek.

Date: 1961 ca.

Description: Front view of the octagon school house.

Photograph

Blake House

Date: 1935 

Description: A view of the Blake House (north elevation, front). The house was razed prior to 1952.

Photograph

Polar Bear Club

Date: 1997-01-01 

Description: "Polar Bear Club of Port Washington."

Date: 1967 ca.

Description: Worker spraying Elm trees with DDT pumped from a tank hitched to the back of a vehicle equipped with a snow plow.

Photograph

Power House

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Power house during construction.

Date: 1929-07 

Description: A detail of a Sanborn map of Grafton including the New York Recording Laboratory.

Date: 1952 ca.

Description: An elevated view of the downtown section.

Date: 1957 ca.

Description: Covered bridge over Cedar Creek in Ozaukee County on highway, about one mile north of Cedarburg. The last remaining covered bridge in Wisconsin.

Date: 1947-07-04 

Description: Cowgirl and cowboys riding horses at the Cedarburg Horse Show. In the background are two more men on horses carrying flags.

Postcard

Grist Mill

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Black and white postcard with text reading, "An Old Landmark, Cedarburg, Wis."

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.