1 2 3 4
.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Covered bridge in Cedarburg.

Date: 1987-09-10 

Description: A traffic crossing guard reads while she waits for a Grafton elementary school to dismiss its students for the day.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Last covered bridge to remain standing in Wisconsin.

Photograph

Polar Bear Club

Date: 1997-01-01 

Description: "Polar Bear Club of Port Washington."

Photograph

St. Mary's Church

Date: 1952 

Description: St. Mary's Church on the occasion of Donald Schleuter's wedding.

Photograph

Edward Dodge House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A view of the Pebble house, also called Edward Dodge House. Built in 1848 and constructed of cobblestone.

Date: 1936-10-09 

Description: Elevated view of H.C. Wuesthoof putting a milk canister into what a 10 can McCormick-Deering Milk Cooler.

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: Main Street in Cedarburg. Includes text which reads: "Cedarburg, Wis., in the year 1850, showing Main Street as it appeared at that time. The photograph w...

Date: 2008 

Description: This contemporary station and convenience store was built in 2004 but harkens back to the early decades of the twentieth century when communities pressured...

Photograph

Government Pier

Date: 1909 

Description: Government Pier.

Photograph

Stony Hill School

Date: 1946-06-14 

Description: View of the school surrounded by trees, out in an overgrown field during a warm season. Stony Hill School house where first Flag Day was celebrated on June...

Date: 1936-10-09 

Description: H.C. Wuesthoof places a milk canister into a 10 can McCormick-Deering Milk Cooler.

Date: 1984-08-16 

Description: Young men, workers for the Carson & Barnes Circus, carry heavy circus tent poles through a field.

Date: 2008 

Description: Alexander C. Eschweiler, a well-known architect in Milwaukee, designed this exotic station for the Wadhams Oil and Grease Company of Milwaukee in 1926.

Date: 1961 ca.

Description: Front view of the octagon school house.

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: A view of the harbor.

Photograph

Grand Avenue

Date: 1966 

Description: House on Grand Avenue, built about 1836. "Few people who drive by this house on Port Washington's Grand Avenue daily realize that it is possibly the city's...

Photograph

Stony Hill School

Date: 1946-06-14 

Description: Stony Hill School house where first Flag Day was celebrated on June 14, 1885.

Photograph

Grist Mill

Date: 1872 ca.

Description: Wind powered stone grist mill. Two men stand on a wood balcony near the open doorway of the windmill.

Date: 1909 

Description: Elevated view of town.

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.