1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Postcard

Lawe Street Hill

Date:  

Description: Scenic view of two women viewing the way to the river. Text reads: "Lawe Street Hill to Fox River, Appleton, Wis."

Photograph

Kaukauna Drugstore

Date: 1914 

Description: Interior view of the Kaukauna Drugstore, which was owned by Charles Morthis.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of factory built upon a shoreline.

Photograph

College Avenue

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: College Avenue looking west from the corner of Morrison Street. The building on the left is the Adkins Building, at the right is the Johnston House. This w...

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the Atlas Paper Company of Appleton, Wisconsin, a paper company established in 1878. On the left is a scroll embellished with a spray of flow...

Date:  

Description: Memohead of J. Ullman & Co. of Appleton, Wisconsin, dealers in horses, mules, and cattle, with center text, a rear view of work horses harnessed to a pulli...

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: House built by Dominique Ducharme in 1791 and added on to by Augustin Grignon after 1813.

Date: 1886 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Kaukauna.

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: The Grignon block house, "where the first Mass was said."

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: View of the river, paper mill, and houses.

Postcard

West Park Drive

Date: 1911 ca.

Description: West Park Drive.

Postcard

The Lower Dam

Date:  date unknown

Description: Postcard of the lower dam and shoreline along the Fox River.

Date:  

Description: Original brass chandelier with art glass shades hangs in "Hearthstone," the home built by paper mill owner, Henry J. Rogers. The residence was the first d...

Date:  

Description: Plat map of the east central part of the city.

Date: 1890-06-17 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Aerial view of the city and the river.

Photograph

Fox River Lock

Date: 1962-08-03 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the Guard Lock on the Fox River Canal, looking east from the Highway 55 bridge.

Photograph

Illegal Snag Line

Date: 1942 

Description: Warden Kramer and his assistant in a boat removing an illegal snag line from the Wolf River.

Photograph

Memorial Chapel

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Front view of Memorial Chapel at Lawrence College.

Photograph

Masonic Hall

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Text: "Masonic Hall at the corner of College Avenue and Oneida Street; built in 1855 by Theodore Conkey, it burned in 1874. The Zuehlke Building was built...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.