1 2 3 4
.

Date: 1882-12-21 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Kaukauna, from the Appleton Post Annual Review.

Photograph

Van Niel House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: An inscription over the entrance of the Van Niel house.

Photograph

Van Niel Shrine

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: A shrine put up by J.H. Van Niel, who came over with Fr. Van den Broek. Destroyed about 1895.

Date: 1896-10-22 

Description: "Sound Money!". A broadside advertising a talk by D.F. Tyrrel of Marinette, Wisconsin, in behalf of the Republican Presidential candidacy of William McKinl...

Photograph

Zeeland Mills

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Zeeland Mills, built in 1862 by John Verstegen. The flour mill was 36' x 50', four stories and had "two runs of stone." It was still operating in 1911.

Photograph

Appleton Gymnasts

Date: 1892 

Description: Adult men, dressed in uniforms, posing in front of a painted backdrop with sporting equipment indoors at the Appleton Turners Festival. Their teacher stand...

Date: 1864 

Description: A painting of the Grignon house and surrounding land and water.

Date: 1867 

Description: Birds-eye drawing of Appleton, Outagamie Co., depicting street names and street layout, houses, the Fox River, the court house, jail, school houses, Lawren...

Photograph

Grignon House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date: 1892 

Description: Advertising poster for "The Modern Hero 2 and 4 Horse Power and Grinding Mill." Produced by the Appleton Manufacturing Company of Appleton, Wisconsin; Minn...

Photograph

Reeve Residence

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: View of the Reeve residence on the corner of Lawrence and Onieda Streets.

Photograph

Main Street Arch

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Main Street in Little Chute looking towards Kaukauna; the arch is at the intersection of the street that leads to the Chicago & Northwestern Depot.

Date: 1872 ca.

Description: View of the freight steamer Cornucopia loading hides at the Hammond Brothers warehouse, with Lawrence University buildings on the hill in the background....

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Congregational Church, also called the "old brown church", built in 1853 and burned in 1893. It was on the site of the present City Hall. The white house...

Photograph

Methodist Church

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Methodist Church.

Date: 1852 ca.

Description: This map shows plat of three towns, sections, local streets, the Grand Chute Island, and part of the Fox River. The map includes 1 inset map: "Diagram of C...

Photograph

Class of 1886

Date: 1886 

Description: Posed group portrait of men and women members of the “Class of '86” at Lawrence College. The 8 men have silk top hats and the 4 women have umbrellas, for a...

Date: 1887 

Description: Interior view of the First Public Library. It was located over Pondee Grocery Store on College Avenue, Appleton, WI.

Drawing

Grignon House

Date: 1881 ca.

Description: Reproduction of a pen drawing of the Grignon house. The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon....

Photograph

DuCharme House

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Elevated view of two men in the DuCharme house, later known as the Grignon house.

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.