1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1904 

Description: Interior office view showing Frank James Harwood, General Manager of Appleton Woolen Mills. Harwood became general manager in 1882 and served as the compa...

Date: 1960 

Description: View of a bridge reaching across the Fox River.

Photograph

"Hearthstone"

Date: 1974 

Description: "Hearthstone," a house built in 1880-1882 by paper mill owner Henry J. Rogers, was the first residence electrified from a centrally located hydroelectric p...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A view of the canal on the Fox River.

Date: 1954 

Description: Group of farmers observe and participate in a farm auction.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Appleton Public Library and City Hall.

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: A Wisconsin State Canners Truck parked under a chute at Stokely Van Camp canning factory on West College Avenue.

Date: 1948-07 

Description: The Kimberly-Clark paper mill on the Fox River, just east of Appleton.

Date: 1963-05-26 ca.

Description: View of a small forest undergoing cutting operations.

Date: 1934 ca.

Description: Alexander Gymnasium at Lawrence College.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: John Street Bridge. Postcard text reads "Largest stone arch bridge in Wisconsin."

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: Exterior of Olsen's Mill (Wayne Feeds) on Hwy 49, just north of Hwy 21.

Date: 1936 

Description: A monument marking the Treaty of the Cedars.

Date: 1957-05-07 

Description: Crowd of mourners at the funeral of Senator Joseph R. McCarthy outside St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church.

Date: 1942 

Description: Four men outside R.H. Gehrke Company, an International Harvester dealership. The men are (left to right) H.P. Patheal, assistant manager of the Green Bay b...

Photograph

Judge McCarthy

Date: 1946 ca.

Description: Judge Joseph R. McCarthy seated at the bench at the Outagamie Courthouse. This photograph was featured in McCarthy's U.S. Senate campaign literature in 194...

Date: 1942 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Photograph

DuCharme House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Elevated view of foundation of the house built by Dominique DuCharme in 1790 and enlarged by Augustin Grignon after 1804. The Grignon family resided in the...

Postcard

Science Hall

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Science Hall at Lawrence College.

Date: 1915 

Description: View of several downtown businesses, including a drugstore advertising "Patent Medicines and Cigars".

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.