1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1886 

Description: First electric street railway service in Wisconsin.

Date:  

Description: Exterior view of the front entrance of the Appleton Free Public Library and City Hall. Several children are posing on the entrance steps. The City and the...

Photograph

Fox River Lock

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Fox River lock in Little Chute.

Postcard

Science Hall

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Science Hall at Lawrence College.

Date: 1985 ca.

Description: This photocopied map shows the area as it appeared in 1889. The map shows buildings, lot numbers, some landownership, and the Fox River.

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Lawrence College campus.

Photograph

St. John's Church

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Construction of St. John's Church was begun around 1860, but the building was interrupted by the Civil War, therefore it was consecrated in 1869. Charles A...

Postcard

Carnegie Library

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Carnegie Library at Lawrence University.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Photograph

Consolidated Paper

Date:  

Description: Smoke billowing from smokestacks at the Consolidated Paper plant. The river appears to be partially frozen, and snow is on the ground. Piles of logs, on th...

Date: 1957 

Description: Map is indexed by street name in the margins. The map shows roads, highways, railroads, parks, city buildings, schools, cemeteries, city limits, and the Fo...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Exterior view school, partly obscured by trees.

Postcard

College Avenue

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A view of College Avenue, looking west.

Postcard

E.V.L. Parish

Date: 1913 ca.

Description: Photographic postcard view of a town block with a church and two houses along a tree-lined street. Two young children are standing on the sidewalk.

Photograph

Ashland Court House

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the court house.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Lawrence College Campus with snow on the ground.

Date: 1939-06-26 

Description: Colorized postcard of the steel and white brick Soldiers' and Sailors' Memorial Bridge at Cherry Street. The bridge was completed in 1924.

Photograph

Atlas Mill

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Atlas Mill, a Kimberly-Clark Company mill.

Date: 1898-06 

Description: The Fox River seen from the hill behind the Catholic Church and looking toward the combined locks. Also seen in the distance is a paper mill.

Photograph

Little Chute Tavern

Date: 1898-06 

Description: What is believed to be the oldest tavern in Little Chute, built in 1850's. It was later known as Mrs. Benoit's home.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.