1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Photograph

H.W. Tenney House

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The H.W. Tenney house, built by Charles Patten in the late 1870's and bought by Mr. Tenney in the spring of 1881. The house was remodeled in 1906.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Congregational Church, also called the "old brown church", built in 1853 and burned in 1893. It was on the site of the present City Hall. The white house...

Date:  date unknown

Description: A distant view of two houses and a yard, bordered by a damaged, white picket fence. The house burned down in 1867.

Photograph

Apple Cider Making

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: Louis Suttner and another man making apple cider.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The interior of the Appleton Public Library. The text on the postcard reads "This interior is far prettier than it seems here. It is a beautiful little lib...

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Photograph

DuCharme House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Elevated view of foundation of the house built by Dominique DuCharme in 1790 and enlarged by Augustin Grignon after 1804. The Grignon family resided in the...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Postcard view of the campus and Main Building on the Lawrence University campus.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Mrs. Harvey Blue pouring maple sugar candies. Mrs. Blue, in flowered apron, holds a white pot in one hand and a ladle of maple sugar confection in the othe...

Postcard

Lincoln School

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of the Lincoln School.

Photograph

Apple Cider Making

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: Louis Suttner and another man make apple cider outdoors.

Date: 1882-12-21 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Kaukauna, from the Appleton Post Annual Review.

Photograph

Consolidated Paper

Date:  

Description: Smoke billowing from smokestacks at the Consolidated Paper plant. The river appears to be partially frozen, and snow is on the ground. Piles of logs, on th...

Date:  

Description: Original light switch on the wall at "Hearthstone," the home built by paper mill owner, Henry J. Rogers. The residence was the first dwelling electrified...

Date:  

Description: View over a train stopped at a grain elevator in the foreground. The Hotel Ristau is across a street on the left, and a church building is in the distance...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date: 1896 ca.

Description: The house built by Charles A. Grignon between 1837 and 1839 for Mary Meade, his Pennsylvania bride. Mrs. Grignon and her family are standing in front of th...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Color postcard of the exterior and grounds around Memorial Chapel on the Lawrence University campus.

Photograph

Mrs. Cadle

Date: 1889 

Description: Mrs. Cadle seated in a bedroom, looking out a window. On the table in front of her is a cup and saucer.

Photograph

Grignon House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.