1 2 3 4
.

Photographs of Public Libraries in Wisconsin

Learn about how the Wisconsin Free Library Commission helped to establish and improve free public libraries in Wisconsin.

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date: 1896 

Description: Organizational poster for a young men's Republican Club in Kaukauna, Wisconsin, to support the 1896 Presidential campaign of William McKinley. The Presiden...

Date: 1960 

Description: This map shows a plat of the city, wards, lots, local streets, roads, railroads, buildings, parks, and part of Fox River. The map includes tables for plat...

Photograph

Grignon Mansion

Date: 1947 

Description: View from hill looking down across fields at the property of Charles Grignon. Grignon Mansion in the background among trees, and beyond is the Fox River. O...

Date: 1891 

Description: This blueprint manuscript map shows land owned by Green Bay & Mississippi Canal Co., Meade, Vilas, Patten, and Hewitt. Streets and the Fox River are labele...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date: 1890-06-17 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date:  

Description: View across railroad tracks of billowing smokestacks at the Thilmany Paper Company plant. Stacks of logs are piled next to railroad tracks and cars.

Date:  

Description: View over a train stopped at a grain elevator in the foreground. The Hotel Ristau is across a street on the left, and a church building is in the distance...

Date: 1961-09-16 ca.

Description: An interior view of an abandoned Chicago and North Western Railroad roundhouse.

Date: 1864 

Description: A painting of the Grignon house and surrounding land and water.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Photograph

Fox River Canal

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of the side of a barge owned by the Pluswood company on the Fox River Canal. The boat is seen through the trees on the lawn of the Charles A. Grignon...

Date: 1949 ca.

Description: Historical re-enactment outdoors, in inappropriate attire, probably meant to represent a treaty signing, at the Grignon House.

Date: 1896 ca.

Description: The house built by Charles A. Grignon between 1837 and 1839 for Mary Meade, his Pennsylvania bride. Mrs. Grignon and her family are standing in front of th...

Photograph

Grignon Detail

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Interior view of the front door of the Charles A. Grignon House before restoration. The house was built between 1837 and 1839 of materials brought by water...

Photograph

Grignon House

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.