1
.

Photograph

Van Niel House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: An inscription over the entrance of the Van Niel house.

Photograph

Zeeland Mills

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Zeeland Mills, built in 1862 by John Verstegen. The flour mill was 36' x 50', four stories and had "two runs of stone." It was still operating in 1911.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Little Chute's Grand Avenue.

Photograph

Van Niel Shrine

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: A shrine put up by J.H. Van Niel, who came over with Fr. Van den Broek. Destroyed about 1895.

Photograph

Fox River Canal

Date: 1962-08-04 ca.

Description: A boat travels up the Fox River. In the background are a canal and locks and factory smokestacks.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A high school in Little Chute.

Date: 1946-11-06 

Description: Joseph R. McCarthy in the home of friends Urban and Margery Van Susteren of Little Chute, on the morning after his election to the U.S. Senate. Van Sustere...

Photograph

Little Chute Tavern

Date: 1898-06 

Description: What is believed to be the oldest tavern in Little Chute, built in 1850's. It was later known as Mrs. Benoit's home.

Photograph

Van Niel House

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Van Niel home.

Date: 1898-06 

Description: The Fox River seen from the hill behind the Catholic Church and looking toward the combined locks. Also seen in the distance is a paper mill.

Photograph

Fox River Lock

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Fox River lock in Little Chute.

Date: 1955-05-31 

Description: Veterans of World War I were among the participants in the Memorial Day parade. From left to are Frank Austin, Frank Hermen and Peter C. Vanden Huevel.

Photograph

St. John's Church

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Construction of St. John's Church was begun around 1860, but the building was interrupted by the Civil War, therefore it was consecrated in 1869. Charles A...

Photograph

Little Chute Dam

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A section of the Little Chute dam.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: St. John's Church and school.

Date: 1898-06 

Description: The Roman Catholic Church. The arch in front of the door has the names of the priests who had served here beginning with Rev. Father Van den Brock. Over th...

Photograph

Main Street Arch

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Main Street in Little Chute looking towards Kaukauna; the arch is at the intersection of the street that leads to the Chicago & Northwestern Depot.

1

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.