1 2 3 4
.

Postcard

Park Street

Date:  date unknown

Description: Looking north on Park Street.

Date: 1963-05-25 ca.

Description: An interior view of Treasure City, a souvenir shop on a highway which travels north from Chicago, Illinois. Nets of sea shells, displays of jewelery, and m...

Postcard

Oconto Falls

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Footbridge on river.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Oconto Beer Label brewed by Oconto Brewing Company. The company logo is a crowned shield with the letters "O B Co" flanked by stalks of wheat.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: John Liegeois at Dutton Farm. John had an identical establishment in Little Suamico. Joeseph Jr. and John and Louis Liegeois and Rachel were born in (Robi...

Photograph

The Sample Room

Date: 1892 ca.

Description: Men standing along the bar of local saloon owned by Liegeois Brothers. Blacksmith Joseph Liegeois, Jr. and his brother John are on the end of the bar. John...

Date: 1964-10 ca.

Description: Church of Christ, Scientist, crowd of people (children) walking into church.

Date: 1960-07-26 

Description: Alice in Dairyland, Joan Engh, watching as a man ties a provolone cheese.

Photograph

Barley Field

Date: 1895-07-09 

Description: A twenty-acre field of barley on the farm of Chas Parey, with two men standing waist-high in the barley. A hardwood forest lines the edge of the field.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Photographic postcard of the North Branch of the Oconto River at Chute Lake. The trees along the shoreline are reflected in the water.

Date: 2008 

Description: Built in the 1920s by Fred Long, the station located at 9932 County Trunk Highway M served farmers from the surrounding area and housed a small general sto...

Postcard

Main Street

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Main Street, looking east, people standing on sidewalk and horse-drawn carriages on street. Signs on businesses read: "City Meat Market"

Date: 1935 

Description: This map shows streets, railroads, and city wards. Streets, the Oconto River, and the Green Bay are labeled. The bottom of the map reads: "Compliments of O...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of the Farnsworth Public Library. Four people standing on front stairs (woman and girls).

Photograph

Holt's Mill

Date: 1856 after

Description: A view of the sawmill and various outbuildings located on the Oconto River. Steam is emitted from a large pipe over over the main building and from two sm...

Photograph

Threshing on Farm

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Threshing on the Henry Johnson farm. This threshing rig owned by Michael Ehlinger was the first to be used in the township. Standing on the separator from...

Date: 1921 

Description: Truck owned by the Holt Lumber Company of Oconto which was used by the company to deliver slab wood to customers in the city. The truck was manufactured b...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Church of Christ, Scientist, built in 1886, the first Christian Scientist church outside of Boston, Massachusetts, and the first building erected in Americ...

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Farnsworth Public Library.

Date: 1941 ca.

Description: Catherine, Stanley and Sofia Pranica, a Polish family, harvesting cucumbers.

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.