1 2 3 4
.

Date: 1913 ca.

Description: This hand-colored map shows the Ranger District boundaryin blue, government lands in green, and "Opt. 9 Appr. Land" in yellow.

Date:  

Description: Exterior view of the Farnsworth Public Library in Oconto. The library opened in 1903 and was funded by a donation of $15,000 from Mrs. George Farnsworth. A...

Date: 1935 

Description: This map shows streets, railroads, and city wards. Streets, the Oconto River, and the Green Bay are labeled. The bottom of the map reads: "Compliments of O...

Photograph

Kelly Lake

Date: 1870 after

Description: A view of cottages along Kelly Lake's shoreline, taken from a high vantage point. Given the large size of the two-story structures, they may be hotels or...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Photographic postcard of the Tip Top Dance Pavillion on Anderson Lake. The view from the lake shows several automobiles parked outside the pavillion. The s...

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: John Liegeois at Dutton Farm. John had an identical establishment in Little Suamico. Joeseph Jr. and John and Louis Liegeois and Rachel were born in (Robi...

Date: 1870 after

Description: Three cottages sit near the tree-lined shore of Kelly Lake at Underwood Point. Small docks with boats are visible in the middle ground of the image. A wo...

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: View of a scene in Underhill.

Book or Pamphlet

Building on Superior Street

Date: 1969 before

Description: Building on the west side of Superior Street where Joseph Ruelle was shot.

Date: 1952 ca.

Description: Oconto County Historical Museum.

Photograph

The Sample Room

Date: 1892 ca.

Description: Men standing along the bar of local saloon owned by Liegeois Brothers. Blacksmith Joseph Liegeois, Jr. and his brother John are on the end of the bar. John...

Photograph

Oconto Harbor

Date: 1957-12-17 

Description: View across icy water towards shipping boats in harbor. Trees are along the right shoreline, houses and buildings are along the left shoreline.

Photograph

Evening Grosbeaks

Date: 1970-02-13 

Description: Evening grosbeaks at a feeder seen through a window.

Photograph

Barley Field

Date: 1895-07-09 

Description: A twenty-acre field of barley on the farm of Chas Parey, with two men standing waist-high in the barley. A hardwood forest lines the edge of the field.

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Main Street looking west. Horse-drawn buggy on street.

Postcard

Street Scene

Date:  date unknown

Description: Photographic postcard of view from road of a building. Signs indicate that the Post Office and Fire Marshall can be found within. Two automobiles are parke...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: First Presbyterian Church, which burned in 1890.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Oconto Beer Label brewed by Oconto Brewing Company. The company logo is a crowned shield with the letters "O B Co" flanked by stalks of wheat.

Photograph

Public Library

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of the Farnsworth Public Library exterior. The building is constructed of stone and brick; columns and a pediment frame the main entrance. A girl w...

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of the bar at John Kinziger and son's Hunters and Fishermans Tavern. A man, presumably John Kinziger, stands behind the bar. The walls are covered wit...

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.