1 2 3 4
.

Photograph

Green Bay Channel

Date: 1960-07-21 

Description: View from Oconto looking out into Green Bay Channel, which is often too shallow between the log pilings and lighthouse. Boats and docks are docked along th...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of the Farnsworth Public Library. Four people standing on front stairs (woman and girls).

Photograph

"Hi-Jinks"

Date: 1892 

Description: Group of men staging an accident. Two men stand nearby watching as three other men pose on the wheels of an overturned vehicle.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of the tree-lined shore of Kelly Lake at Underwood Point.

Map or Atlas

Oconto County

Date: 1922 after

Description: This map from the early to mid-20th century shows the township and range system, towns, cities and villages, roads, railroads, schools, churches, cemeterie...

Date: 1974 ca.

Description: Church of Christ, Scientist, viewed from east-southeast.

Photograph

The Sample Room

Date: 1892 ca.

Description: Men standing along the bar of local saloon owned by Liegeois Brothers. Blacksmith Joseph Liegeois, Jr. and his brother John are on the end of the bar. John...

Photograph

Evening Grosbeaks

Date: 1970-02-13 

Description: Evening grosbeaks at a feeder seen through a window.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of the bar at John Kinziger and son's Hunters and Fishermans Tavern. A man, presumably John Kinziger, stands behind the bar. The walls are covered wit...

Date: 1870 after

Description: A view of two lakeside cottages, taken from Birch Walk at Kelly Lake. Both cottages have docks and porches that overlook the lake.

Date: 1908 

Description: This early 20th century map shows the township and range system, sections, state-owned land, selected buildings and landownership, railroads, bridges, and...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Interior of Church of Christ, Christian Scientist church, built in 1886, the first Christian Scientist church outside of Boston and the first in America bu...

Photograph

Threshing on Farm

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Threshing on the Henry Johnson farm. This threshing rig owned by Michael Ehlinger was the first to be used in the township. Standing on the separator from...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: First Presbyterian Church, which burned in 1890.

Postcard

Park Street

Date:  date unknown

Description: Looking north on Park Street.

Photograph

Polish Mother

Date: 1941 ca.

Description: Close-up portrait of a Polish mother.

Postcard

Oconto River

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Oconto River, looking north.

Photograph

Opera House

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior of Opera House. Today this building is the Town Hall.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Men and boys posing with horses and horse-drawn vehicles in front of the Baudhuin and Svoboda store. There is a Post Office sign on the building.

Date: 1892 

Description: Interior of shop. John Liegeois is sitting on bench, Louis is at wheel. A young child with a hat sits on a bench, and another man is also standing near the...

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.