1 2 3 4
.

Photograph

Court House

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of the court house facade featuring a domed clock tower. The structure is made of stone and has rounded windows, steeply-pitched dormers, and an a...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of the Windross Store, Cream City.

Photograph

Public Library

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of the Farnsworth Public Library exterior. The building is constructed of stone and brick; columns and a pediment frame the main entrance. A girl w...

Photograph

West Main Street

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: A view looking down tree-lined West Main Street. Houses are visible on the left side, while a woman stands beside a horse-drawn carriage on the opposite s...

Postcard

Oconto River

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Oconto River, looking north.

Date: 1913 ca.

Description: This hand-colored map shows the Ranger District boundaryin blue, government lands in green, and "Opt. 9 Appr. Land" in yellow.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Barnyard scene on the Rollo Shurfelt farm with people milking the cows. Several horses are in the yard as well.

Book or Pamphlet

Building on Superior Street

Date: 1969 before

Description: Building on the west side of Superior Street where Joseph Ruelle was shot.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Photographic postcard view down the street towards the central business district; a post office, a gas pump and a bar. Two cars, a truck and some people ar...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Photographic postcard of a group of workers, all men, and one boy, posing outside of a wooden building. Three of the workers wear white aprons. Four of the...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: First Presbyterian Church, which burned in 1890.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Photographic postcard of the Tip Top Dance Pavillion on Anderson Lake. The view from the lake shows several automobiles parked outside the pavillion. The s...

Photograph

The Sample Room

Date: 1892 ca.

Description: Men standing along the bar of local saloon owned by Liegeois Brothers. Blacksmith Joseph Liegeois, Jr. and his brother John are on the end of the bar. John...

Photograph

Green Bay Channel

Date: 1960-07-21 

Description: View from Oconto looking out into Green Bay Channel, which is often too shallow between the log pilings and lighthouse. Boats and docks are docked along th...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Photographic postcard of a group of adults posing in front of a brick house. The house has a patterned design on the exterior. Below the peak of the roof,...

Photograph

Threshing on Farm

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Threshing on the Henry Johnson farm. This threshing rig owned by Michael Ehlinger was the first to be used in the township. Standing on the separator from...

Date: 1892 

Description: Interior of shop. John Liegeois is sitting on bench, Louis is at wheel. A young child with a hat sits on a bench, and another man is also standing near the...

Postcard

Church of Christ

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Church of Christ, Scientist, built in 1886, the first Christian Scientist church outside of Boston, Massachusetts, and the first building erected in Americ...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Holt Lumber Company sawmill, built in 1840.

Postcard

Park Street

Date:  date unknown

Description: Looking north on Park Street.

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.