1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Photograph

Park House Hotel

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View of the Park House Hotel (called the Commercial House before 1888), which burned down in 1892.

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the city of Rice Lake with a lumber yard in the foreground, a railroad and Rice Lake at left.

Postcard

Home Store

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Home Store or Big Store was built by Mr. George Scott in 1901, and was the town's main general store, which was built to replace the old Knapp, Stout & Com...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Exterior of the Scott's residence.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Front view of the Third Ward School.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Men, women and children holding boxes and pails in the forest. Original caption reads: "VI Drive to W.S.; Chippewa blueberry pickers." The photograph is pa...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: G.E. Scott residence from rear.

Photograph

Sunday Washing

Date: 1913 ca.

Description: The men of Rice Lake Lumbering Camp #6 do their laundry on a Sunday.

Date: 1938-10-12 

Description: Men work with a Universal crusher, used to crush 400 yards of gravel in 8 hours. The crusher was powered by an International PA-100 power unit owned by E.F...

Date: 1934 before

Description: A fisherman reclines in his boat at sunset as many fish swim in the lake. He drinks beer out of a tap attached to a barrel floating in the water. His boat...

Date:  

Description: Altered photograph depicting a herring as though it was covered in fur. Caption at the top reads, "Fur herring to be found only in Rice Lake, Wis." No. 20...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Home Store, Prairie Farm, Wisconsin. Shows right side facing building.

Date: 1927-02 

Description: Cameron Street Scene, primarily documenting the Boortz Garage and Sales Room and its curbside gas pumps.

Photograph

Rice Lake

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: A view of Rice Lake.

Date: 1967 ca.

Description: Aerial view of Bear Lake, with surrounding forests and farms.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Exterior view of The Cumberland Hotel. The hotel opened in March of 1891 and was demolished in 1965.

Photograph

Real Estate Office

Date:  date unknown

Description: A small real estate office in a rural setting advertising "Summer Homes for Sale on Red Cedar Lake." There is a house in the background on a low hill in th...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Two views of Bear Lake. The top is a daylight view with some fall color. The one below is at sunset, with two people in a canoe on the lake.

Photograph

Chetek Street

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View down a street in Chetek.

Date:  

Description: Meeting of the board of directors of the newly formed Barron County Holstein Breeders Association.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.