1 2 3 4 5
.

Photograph

Melchior House

Date: 1925-08-05 

Description: The Melchior Hotel on the Mississippi River, with the "brewery at near end." There is a prominent stone portion at right center with several wings or addit...

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: View of stage and main floor of Independence Opera House from rear.

Date: 1929 

Description: This 1929 topographic map of Trempealeau County, Wisconsin, shows the topography, lakes, streams and wetlands, township and range grid, sections, cities an...

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: View of Independence Opera House, city hall, clock tower and public library building from across the street.

Date: 1956-03-14 

Description: Group portrait of the Osseo Chieftains high school basketball team.

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Bow of the sidewheel packet, "Quincy", sunk in 1906. People are standing on temporary pier beside her. Later raised and renamed the "J.S.".

Date: 2008 

Description: This service station located at 23923 Burrows Road (formally State Highway 93) was built in 1931, by Leo Breska. It now houses an auto-repair business, own...

Photograph

Melchoir House

Date: 1914 ca.

Description: The Melchoir house, later owned by C. Hudson.

Postcard

High School

Date: 1923-10-17 

Description: Exterior view of the two-story brick High School building with basement. A bare flagpole can be seen on the roof.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: View of Independence Opera House auditorium and stage from balcony.

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Sidewheel packet "Quincy", sinking. Only her two upper decks are above water. Trempealeau Mountain is in the background. Later renamed the "J.S.".

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Exterior view of Independence City Hall and Opera House clock tower illuminated at dusk, including flagpole.

Date: 1951 

Description: A marker commemorating the French fort erected by Rene Godefrey, Sieur de Linctot, which exisited on this site between 1731-1736. It is thought that the si...

Photograph

Melchoir House

Date: 1931 ca.

Description: The Melchoir House was a popular hostelry and brewery operated by Jacob Melchoir. It later became an Indian boarding house.

Date: 1926 

Description: A marker commemorating the French fort erected by Rene Godefrey, Sieur de Linctot, which existed on this site between 1731-1736. It is thought that the sit...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Three different signs with directions to Perrot State Park are lined up on bench.

Date: 1925 

Description: Wisconsin State Highway sign, photographed along STH 11 near Galesville, one of a whole new vocabulary of signage created for automobile traffic. The inve...

Photograph

Rork Farm

Date: 1946 

Description: View across field of James Rork farmhouse and farm buildings.

Postcard

Carnegie Library

Date: 1909-08-20 

Description: Exterior of the one-story brick Carnegie Library.

Date:  

Description: Drawing of Trempealeau Mounds.

1 2 3 4 5

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.