1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of Strum from the south.

Date: 1905 

Description: View across top of platform mound on the crest of a high hill. Trees are on the left and right. In the background below is the Mississippi River.

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: Elevated view of Trempealeau County, south of Arcadia.

Date: 1921-11-04 

Description: The last, signed page of an 11-page manuscript titled "The Platforms at Trempeleau."

Photograph

Steamboat "Quincy"

Date: 1906 

Description: The Diamond Jo line steamboat "Quincy," sunk in 1906 near Trempealeau Mountain, then raised and renamed "J.S."

Photograph

Melchior Hotel

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: View from road of a two-story brick structure identified as the Melchior Hotel. See also image 67069.

Photograph

Rork Farm

Date: 1946 

Description: View across field of James Rork farmhouse and farm buildings.

Photograph

View of the Bluffs

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Stereograph view from the bluffs looking down over a town. A man is standing on the edge of the side of the formation, about halfway up, above treeline, an...

Postcard

City Hall

Date: 1911-07 

Description: Exterior view of the front entrance to the two-story brick City Hall. A horse-drawn wagon is visible on the far left.

Photograph

Field Mill

Date: 1938 

Description: Field mill powered by an International PD-40 power unit. The power unit was owned by Walter Brown; a bridge and a body of water are to the right of the bui...

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: View of Independence Opera House, city hall, clock tower and public library building from across the street.

Date: 1956-03-14 

Description: Group portrait of the Osseo Chieftains high school basketball team.

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Sidewheel packet "Quincy," sinking. Only her two upper decks are above water. Trempealeau Mountain is in the background. Later renamed the "J.S."

Date: 1919-11-25 

Description: Submarine float for parade and bonfire celebrating Armistice Day.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: The Mineral Springs Hotel and train depot.

Date: 2008 

Description: This service station located at 23923 Burrows Road (formally State Highway 93) was built in 1931, by Leo Breska. It now houses an auto-repair business, own...

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: View of cattle, sheep, and pigs in a pasture on farm. Two houses are visible in the distance, with a horse-drawn carriage on the road. East side residence...

Date:  

Description: Largest platform mound in Trempealeau as seen from the north.

Postcard

Catholic Church

Date: 1909-07-29 

Description: Exterior view of the front entrance to Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church. A bare tree can be seen on the left and a fence lines the walkway to the...

Date:  

Description: From the upper terraces of the Hopkins house looking out onto the grounds--the family garden is located in the right background.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.