1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 2008 

Description: This service station located at 23923 Burrows Road (formally State Highway 93) was built in 1931, by Leo Breska. It now houses an auto-repair business, own...

Date: 1905 

Description: View across top of platform mound on the crest of a high hill. Trees are on the left and right. In the background below is the Mississippi River.

Date: 1926 

Description: A marker commemorating the French fort erected by Rene Godefrey, Sieur de Linctot, which existed on this site between 1731-1736. It is thought that the sit...

Date:  

Description: Drawing, with watercolor added, of a French fort next to a body of water with a large hill in the background. There are canoes at the water's edge. Structu...

Photograph

Peter Ofstedal

Date:  

Description: Vignetted quarter-length cabinet card portrait of Peter Olson [as written on published Roster of Wisconsin Volunteers, Volume 1 and Regimental Descriptive...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Three different signs with directions to Perrot State Park are lined up on bench.

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Whitehall Public Library. In the foreground a reading tables and chairs, and a small children's reading table. Bookshelves are along t...

Date: 1951 

Description: A marker commemorating the French fort erected by Rene Godefrey, Sieur de Linctot, which exisited on this site between 1731-1736. It is thought that the si...

Date: 1909-07-29 

Description: View of Main Street. Shops and businesses line both sides of the street including a hotel, city livery and laundromat. People and horse-drawn wagons are al...

Photograph

Court House

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: View of Whitehall from the Court House.

Date: 1854 after

Description: This map is mounted on cloth and shows lot and block numbers, streets, additions, and public squares. Also included is information on Trempealeau, an inset...

Architectural photographs of the restored opera houses of Wisconsin.

Photograph

Pictograph Rock

Date: 1888 

Description: View looking up at three men and a child on top of a cliff on which are petroglyphs. Caption on photograph reads: "Pictograph Rock. Rock bearing aboriginal...

Postcard

High School

Date: 1923-10-17 

Description: Exterior view of the two-story brick High School building with basement. A bare flagpole can be seen on the roof.

Photograph

Melchior House

Date: 1925-08-05 

Description: The Melchior Hotel on the Mississippi River, with the "brewery at near end." There is a prominent stone portion at right center with several wings or addit...

Photograph

Vermont House

Date: 1914 ca.

Description: The Vermont House, a former tavern used as a residence.

Photograph

County Asylum

Date:  

Description: The County Asylum in Whitehall.

Postcard

City Hall

Date: 1911-07 

Description: Exterior view of the front entrance to the two-story brick City Hall. A horse-drawn wagon is visible on the far left.

Photograph

Melchoir House

Date: 1914 ca.

Description: The Melchoir house, later owned by C. Hudson.

Date: 1919-11-25 

Description: Kaiser's funeral wagon for parade and bonfire celebrating Armistice Day.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.