1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Photograph

Melchior House

Date: 1925-08-05 

Description: The Melchior Hotel on the Mississippi River, with the "brewery at near end." There is a prominent stone portion at right center with several wings or addit...

Postcard

Lutheran Church

Date:  date unknown

Description: An exterior view of a brick church with arched stained glass windows and a steeple. Stairs leading to the front and 2 side entrances.

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Bow of the sidewheel packet, "Quincy," sunk in 1906. People are standing on temporary pier beside her. Later raised and renamed the "J.S."

Photograph

Field Mill

Date: 1938 

Description: Field mill powered by an International PD-40 power unit. The power unit was owned by Walter Brown; a bridge and a body of water are to the right of the bui...

Postcard

Catholic Church

Date: 1909-07-29 

Description: Exterior view of the front entrance to Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church. A bare tree can be seen on the left and a fence lines the walkway to the...

Date: 1918-11-11 

Description: Crowd of men and young boys gathered around a smoldering pile of ash and scraps in the Galesville Town Square. The burned items were most likely German boo...

Map or Atlas

Plat of East Side Park

Date: 1900 after

Description: This maps shows part of Galesville, Trempealeau County, Wisconsin. The map shows lots for sale, local streets, and part of Lake Marinuka. Lots are numbered...

Date: 1909-07-29 

Description: View of Main Street. Shops and businesses line both sides of the street including a hotel, city livery and laundromat. People and horse-drawn wagons are al...

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Side view of the sidewheel packet, "Quincy," sinking in 1906. Only her two upper decks are above water. Trempealeau Mountain is in the background. Later re...

Date: 1906 

Description: View across water towards the steamer Quincy, of the Diamond Jo Line, partially sunken into the Mississippi River and listing to port near the shore...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A view of Perrot State Park (Trempealeau vicinity) looking west from Brady's Bluff toward the Mississippi River and Minnesota.

Photograph

Vermont House

Date: 1914 ca.

Description: The Vermont House, a former tavern used as a residence.

Date: 1926 

Description: A marker commemorating the French fort erected by Rene Godefrey, Sieur de Linctot, which existed on this site between 1731-1736. It is thought that the sit...

Photograph

Rork Farm

Date: 1946 

Description: View across field of James Rork farmhouse and farm buildings.

Postcard

Main Street

Date: 1909 

Description: View looking down Main Street. Shops and businesses line both sides of the street including the P.J. Wossenburger Hotel, city livery, bakery and harness sh...

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: View of cattle, sheep, and pigs in a pasture on farm. Two houses are visible in the distance, with a horse-drawn carriage on the road. East side residence...

Photograph

Court House

Date:  

Description: The Court House in Whitehall.

Date: 1921-11-04 

Description: The last, signed page of an 11-page manuscript titled "The Platforms at Trempeleau."

Postcard

City Hall

Date: 1911-07 

Description: Exterior view of the front entrance to the two-story brick City Hall. A horse-drawn wagon is visible on the far left.

Date: 1854 after

Description: This map is mounted on cloth and shows lot and block numbers, streets, additions, and public squares. Also included is information on Trempealeau, an inset...

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.