1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1926 

Description: A marker commemorating the French fort erected by Rene Godefrey, Sieur de Linctot, which existed on this site between 1731-1736. It is thought that the sit...

Date: 1906-05-22 

Description: Aerial view of the city and rolling hills in the background. A bridge crossing the Trempealeau River is also visible.

Date: 1926 

Description: A marker commemorating the French fort erected by Rene Godefrey, Sieur de Linctot, which existed on this site between 1731-1736. It is thought that the sit...

Date: 1951 

Description: A marker commemorating the French fort erected by Rene Godefrey, Sieur de Linctot, which exisited on this site between 1731-1736. It is thought that the si...

Date: 1909-07-29 

Description: Aerial view of the downtown area, including a bridge spanning the Trempealeau River.

Date: 1914-01-03 

Description: Elevated view of downtown and the Trempealeau River.

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: View of a rural church on a hill and its adjacent cemetery. Beaver Creek Lutheran Church was or still is a Norwegian church.

Postcard

Main Street

Date:  date unknown

Description: Color postcard of shops and businesses along Main Street.

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: Elevated view of Trempealeau County, south of Arcadia.

Date: 1956-03-14 

Description: Group portrait of the Osseo Chieftains high school basketball team.

Date: 1915-11 

Description: Exterior view of the German Lutheran Church and Parsonage. The one-story church with stained glass windows and steeple is visible in the background. The tw...

Postcard

Ox Tram

Date: 1907-09 

Description: Two harnessed black oxen standing near a clothing shop. A young boy's face is visible behind the oxen. Jackets hang from hooks outside the shop.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of Strum from the south.

Date: 1909-07-29 

Description: View of Main Street. Shops and businesses line both sides of the street including a hotel, city livery and laundromat. People and horse-drawn wagons are al...

Date: 1906 

Description: Group of people stand on pier near the Diamond Jo line steamboat "Quincy", sunk in 1906. It was raised and renamed the "J.S." There are men on the boat, an...

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: View down dirt Main Street with a hotel on the righthand side.

Date: 1921-11-04 

Description: The last, signed page of an 11-page manuscript titled "The Platforms at Trempeleau."

Date: 1877 

Description: This 1877 map of Trempealeau County, Wisconsin, shows the township and range grid, sections, towns, cities and villages, land ownership and acreages, roads...

Photograph

Melchior Hotel

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: View from road of a two-story brick structure identified as the Melchior Hotel. See also image 67069.

Postcard

Owen Street

Date: 1916-06-07 

Description: View looking down Owen Street. A church steeple is visible on the right, partly obscured by trees.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.