1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
.

Photograph

Improved Rural Road

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: Amery Road near New Richmond. The photograph was taken by the Wisconsin Good Roads Association probably as an illustration of the kind of improved roads t...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Colorized photographic postcard of the exterior of the Lutheran Church with arched stained glass windows. There are steps to the arched entrance below the...

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: Two well-dressed men survey piles of debris left in the wake of a tornado. Part of the wall of a brick building is in the background.

Postcard

Creamery

Date: 1928 

Description: Photographic postcard view across road of the creamery. The entrance is on the left and a loading dock is on the right.

Date:  

Description: A hand-drawn poster, including a star design and two photographs, advertising Oak Hill Farm, founded by Mr. and Mrs. H.H. Harris.

Date:  

Description: Exterior view of a railroad station in Hudson. There is a truck and a wagon parked in front of the building.

Photograph

Hudson High School

Date:  

Description: Exterior of the high school in Hudson, WI.

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: Men, one of whom is holding an umbrella, stand looking at a tree that has been stripped of its bark by a tornado. It also appears to be embedded with a pie...

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Unidentified family standing outside of a cottage in the woods near Baldwin.

Photograph

Page House

Date: 1939-01 

Description: Page House, built in 1856 by Father McGee as a rectory for the Catholic Church. The house stands on Second Street, overlooking the St. Croix River.

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: A hooded woman sitting on the remnants of a house. As the amount of debris and barren landscape can attest, the area around her had been leveled by a torna...

Date: 1886 

Description: This 1886 map of Saint Croix County, Wisconsin, shows the township and range grid, sections, towns, cities and villages, land ownership and acreages, wagon...

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: Elevated view of people working with the relief effort in the aftermath of a tornado. Boxes of supplies are piled near a man in the foreground, and a man h...

Date:  

Description: Exterior view of the Hudson Public Library. The library opened in 1904 and was funded by Andrew Carnegie with a gift of $12,000. The word "Library" is abov...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Falls of Kinnikinnick, south fork.

Date: 1917 ca.

Description: Man loading ice from loading dock with an International Model F (or 31) truck. The truck was operated by the Hudson/Willow River Ice Company. There is a la...

Date:  

Description: Exterior view of a machine shop in Hudson, which was built in 1916. There are railroad tracks and railroad cars alongside the building.

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Hudson Public Library. The library opened in 1904 and was funded by Andrew Carnegie with a gift of $12,000. In the room is a children'...

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: Elevated view toward the horizon over a bridge on a river of the widespread destruction left in the wake of a tornado. Destroyed houses litter the scene an...

Photograph

Pulpit Rock

Date:  date unknown

Description: A man surveying the landscape stands atop Pulpit Rock.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.