1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
.

Date: 1912 ca.

Description: Elevated view of street, including horse-drawn carts and unidentified commercial buildings.

Date: 1912 ca.

Description: Bird's-eye view of New Richmond, including water tower, commercial and residential buildings.

Date:  

Description: Exterior view of a machine shop in Hudson, which was built in 1916. There are railroad tracks and railroad cars alongside the building.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Black and white postcard of the wooden Ford Bridge across the Willow River near Burkhardt. Trees appear on the far shore.

Date:  

Description: View of Oak Hill Farm, including the farmhouse. In the foreground are a man standing on the left, a woman sitting with a cat in her lap, and a dog.

Photograph

Tornado Debris

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: Debris left after tornado. A portion of a roof from a collapsed building lies on top of the debris, including the wheels of a carriage or cart.

Date: 1942-04-29 

Description: John De Roy pulling a trailer load of scrap metal with a Farmall-H tractor. The metal was collected as part of a scrap drive.

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: A firetruck with its hose hanging into the water is surrounded by debris and other wreckage left from a tornado.

Photograph

Harvey Law

Date:  

Description: Photographic calling card with portrait of Harvey Law, Company A, 12th Wisconsin Infantry. Law was the president of the St. Croix Valley Veterans Associati...

Photograph

High School

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of the high school.

Date:  

Description: Portrait of the Honorable Charles Donohue, Mayor of New Richmond, Wisconsin. Donohue was born December 5, 1843 in Goosebury Hill, Co. Cork in Ireland and d...

Date:  

Description: Exterior view of the Hudson Public Library. The library opened in 1904 and was funded by Andrew Carnegie with a gift of $12,000. The word "Library" is abov...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View looking southwest. Labeled on photograph: Post Office, Beebes Drugs, Opera House, Fair Store, Bank.

Date: 1942 

Description: Helmuth Strobush and his son Jerry haul scrap metal with a Farmall H tractor and a McCormick-Deering farm wagon. The tractor is parked near a co-op service...

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: Elevated view over water, perhaps Hatfield Lake, of damage to houses and property caused by a tornado. Groups of people are scattered throughout the town.

Photograph

Memorial Hospital

Date: 1953 

Description: Exterior of hospital in winter, with four cars parked in front.

Postcard

Lutheran Church

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: View of a Lutheran church.

Photograph

Page House

Date: 1939-01 

Description: Page House, built in 1856 by Father McGee as a rectory for the Catholic Church. The house stands on Second Street, overlooking the St. Croix River.

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: The still smoldering foundation of a burned brick building in the wake of a tornado that swept through the town. More debris can be seen in the background.

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Kinnikinnick Falls, north branch.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.