1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
.

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: Rear view of a small group of women and children observing the aftermath of a tornado. They are standing on boards, and debris covers the ground.

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: The still smoldering foundation of a burned brick building in the wake of a tornado that swept through the town. More debris can be seen in the background.

Photograph

Smoldering Debris

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: Still smoldering fires and wreckage amidst debris left in the wake of a tornado.

Postcard

Creamery

Date: 1928 

Description: Photographic postcard view across road of the creamery. The entrance is on the left and a loading dock is on the right.

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: The remains of a house damaged by a tornado. The roof and much of the structure have been completely removed and destroyed. Other debris litters the surrou...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Falls of Kinnikinnick, south fork.

Photograph

Tornado Debris

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: Debris left after tornado. A portion of a roof from a collapsed building lies on top of the debris, including the wheels of a carriage or cart.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Burkhardt Milling and Electric Power Co., built in 1914.

Date: 1912 

Description: Panoramic bird's-eye view. Identifiable businesses include: T.J. McNally Clothing & Shoes, M.J. Casey, The Winter Drug Store, Bank of New Richmond.

Date: 1975 

Description: The north fork on the Kinnikinnick River.

Date:  

Description: Exterior view of the Hudson Public Library. The library opened in 1904 and was funded by Andrew Carnegie with a gift of $12,000. The word "Library" is abov...

Photograph

Massey Home Marker

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: View of the Massey home marker.

Photograph

Improved Rural Road

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: Amery Road near New Richmond. The photograph was taken by the Wisconsin Good Roads Association probably as an illustration of the kind of improved roads t...

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: Two well-dressed men survey piles of debris left in the wake of a tornado. Part of the wall of a brick building is in the background.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Burkhardt Milling and Electric Power Co., built in 1914.

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: A firetruck with its hose hanging into the water is surrounded by debris and other wreckage left from a tornado.

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Kinnikinnick Falls, the north branch.

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of The Sanatorium Company, with a three-quarter view of the sanatorium building set into a background of flowers and banners proclaiming the ben...

Photograph

Fourth of July

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereographic view of New Richmond(?) during a fourth of July celebration. Identification has not been fully verified, but there was a Coombs Hotel in this...

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: Elevated view of people working with the relief effort in the aftermath of a tornado. Boxes of supplies are piled near a man in the foreground, and a man h...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.