1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1912 

Description: View down unpaved Main Street. People pose on the raised sidewalk near a shop selling "Fresh Meats" and "Groceries" on the left. Another group of people po...

Photograph

C. B. & Q Yards

Date: 1925 

Description: View down railroad tracks of the Lynxville train depot on the Chicago Burlington and Quincy Railroad line. There are bluffs on the right, and a man is walk...

Date:  date unknown

Description: View from shoreline of the "Capitol" excursion steamer pulled up to the bank of the Mississippi. The steamer has three or four decks, and elaborately detai...

Date: 1961-08-20 ca.

Description: Three large rows of stacked logs are piled outside a small factory building.

Photograph

Dousman Warehouse

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Dousman Warehouse, East Water Street. Originally located on the wharf parallel with the river. Built 1839, and occupied by Dousman until about 1855.

Photograph

Main Street

Date:  date unknown

Description: A group of young men stand in the far background on a dirt road. Homes are on either side of the street.

Map or Atlas

Crawford County Map

Date: 1878 

Description: Illustrated map of Crawford County. On the bottom right is an inset of a group of people near a train on a railroad track.

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford ruins.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Former residence of the commanding officer. General Zachary Taylor was its first resident. It was subsequently rebuilt under the command of General Brooke....

Date: 1965-07-05 ca.

Description: View from the Mississippi River toward the bluffs. A residential home, old bank building, truck and railroad building are visible. Railroad tracks runs acr...

Photograph

Public School

Date: 1916 

Description: Exterior view of two public school buildings. The left building has a bell tower, with a flag hanging horizontally from peak of the roof over the entrance.

Photograph

Street Scene

Date: 1911 

Description: View down an unpaved street. A horse and carriage is tied to a post on the left. A saloon and hotel, and the Park Hotel are located on this street on the r...

Date: 1923 ca.

Description: Marquette University dean, Archibald J. Tallmadge, S.J. delivers a speech at the 250th anniversary celebration of the discovery of the Mississippi River by...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Dousman Office building, later used as a pearl button factory.

Photograph

College

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: View of St. Mary's Institute in 1872, and a view of St. Mary's College in 1922.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Astor fur trading building, The Northwest Fur Company, in 1808. This building later used as a post office before the Civil War.

Photograph

Warehouse

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Exterior of warehouse, said to be the remains of a five story grain elevator.

Photograph

Fort Shelby

Date: 1814 

Description: Fort Shelby built in 1814 and named for the Governor of Kentucky, was surrendered to British forces later in 1814 and renamed Fort McKay. Pictured here is...

Photograph

Street Scene

Date:  date unknown

Description: Group of men and children standing in the middle of the unpaved street. On the left are storefronts, and in the far distance is a church and tree-lined rid...

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: One-half stereoview of town, looking northeast from Case's Block.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.