1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1930 

Description: View down street with commercial buildings on the left. There are children on the sidewalk in front of the R.G. Seymour grocery store. Next door is a resta...

Photograph

Kane's Hotel

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Kane's Hotel, built in about 1839 by Ezekiel Tainter, and then called the Phoenix Hotel, on Main Street. It passed through many hands but retained the orig...

Photograph

Ferryville Depot

Date: 1925 

Description: Train stopped at the Ferryville depot. The caption reads, "Limited Going 50 Miles."

Photograph

C. B. & Q Yards

Date: 1925 

Description: View down railroad tracks of the Lynxville train depot on the Chicago Burlington and Quincy Railroad line. There are bluffs on the right, and a man is walk...

Postcard

Campion College

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of Our Lady of the Angels Chapel at Campion College.

Date:  

Description: View of water spouting from a pipe sticking out of a pond surrounded by stones on the grounds of Villa Louis. The house and two outbuildings are visible am...

Date: 1839 

Description: This map shows the geological makeup of the valley in red, yellow, and green, the Mississippi River, and the location of Fort Crawford. The geology on the...

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: The old Indian agent's house.

Photograph

Boating

Date:  date unknown

Description: Five young boys pose in a rowboat near a large piece of driftwood. Another boat is docked at a pier along the shore.

Photograph

Depot and Train

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: A moving train departs the Ferryville depot. Two men are near wooden boxes and containers. Four girls sit on the ground near the platform, and one of them...

Date: 1934-07-28 

Description: This map shows buildings and dimensions of Fort Crawford and hospital overlaid on a plat of existing lots, streets, and closed streets.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view of the pile-pontoon railroad bridge across the Mississippi River at Prairie du Chien. The bridge was built and patented by John Lawler in 187...

Photograph

Covered Bridge

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: View of a covered bridge.

Date: 1916 

Description: Exterior view of the Methodist Evangelical Church. The building features a sign that says: M.E. 1893. There is a lamp over the entrance, a small, lattice-e...

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Prairie du Chien (vicinity) about 1895-1900. Shell buyers with their launches and barges docked at shoreline. Freshwater clam shells were used in the pearl...

Drawing

Astor Building

Date: 1830 

Description: A view of the Astor building.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View from a hill towards houses and outbuildings. A man stands on a board sidewalk in front of a group of houses. A woman and young girl stand near the ent...

Date: 1962 ca.

Description: The Museum of Medical Progress at the site of Fort Crawford military hospital.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View from shoreline of a car driving over a bridge on the Kickapoo River. There is a ridge of a hill in the background.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Diorama in the Milwaukee Public Museum depicting Black Hawk's surrender on August 27, 1832 at Fort Crawford in Prairie du Chien.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.