1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Map or Atlas

Crawford County Map

Date: 1878 

Description: Illustrated map of Crawford County. On the bottom right is an inset of a group of people near a train on a railroad track.

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: The church, originally built in 1839, was remodeled and dedicated on November 8, 1908. The Rt. Rev. James Schwebach gave the blessing. The remodeling was...

Date: 1908 after

Description: St. Gabriel's Church.

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of Fort Crawford (the second site and buildings of 1829-?).

Date: 1961-08-13 

Description: A Wisconsin River swamp. The swampy area is framed by trees with more trees in the background hidden by fog.

Photograph

Log Steering

Date:  date unknown

Description: View across water towards two paddle-wheel boats steering logs into a neat, square formation. The boat in the foreground bears the name "Georgie S." Bluffs...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Three-quarter view of the front and side of the Congregational Church at the bottom of a steep, tree-lined hill. A wooden building with narrow arched windo...

Photograph

House on Hill

Date:  date unknown

Description: The exterior of a two-story house.

Date: 1887 

Description: St. Gabriel's Roman Catholic Church.

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the original site, 1816-1831).

Date: 1931-01-23 

Description: View from shoreline of bridge during construction over the icy river.

Date:  date unknown

Description: This map is pen-and-ink on tracing paper with a mounted legend and shows the Kickapoo River, Indian mounds, the 1st Fort Crawford, an Indian Agency, the si...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A view of the pontoon bridge construction.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Prairie du Chien (vicinity) about 1895-1900. Shell buyers with their launches and barges docked at shoreline. Freshwater clam shells were used in the pearl...

Photograph

Halfway House

Date: 1924 

Description: A copy of an old photograph of the W. McAuley Halfway House, an inn between Prairie du Chien and Viroqua. Mr. McAuley sits on a chair while a granddaughter...

Photograph

Boating

Date:  date unknown

Description: Five young boys pose in a rowboat near a large piece of driftwood. Another boat is docked at a pier along the shore.

Date: 1901 

Description: The interior of the Methodist Episcopal Church.

Date:  

Description: View of the central hall at Villa Louis. The hall is decorated with sculptures, paintings and other decorative items. There is a stairway at left.

Date: 1823 

Description: British evacuation of their fort at Prairie du Chien after the end of the War of 1812. Fort Shelby, the first fort at Prairie du Chien, was built in 1814 b...

Date: 1931 

Description: View from shoreline of a crane lifting machinery to workers at the top of the bridge during construction. Words on the crane reads, "Stevens Brothers and S...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.