1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1930 before

Description: View from road of a building located on the grounds of the Winnebago County Asylum. Standing on a sidewalk in front is a man leaning on a cane.

Date: 1930 before

Description: Group portrait outdoors of the administrative and nursing staff of the Winnebago County Asylum. Pictured in the center back row is E.E. Manuel, the Superin...

Date: 1930 before

Description: Outdoor group portrait of the Winnebago County Asylum administrative and nursing staff. Included in the portrait are the Superintendent, E.E. Manuel, his w...

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: Stereoview. In the right background is the building of the Trade Reporter newspaper at the corner of Main and High Streets; across the street from it is J....

Photograph

Freight Yard

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Men posing in the Winneconne Freight Yard. Some of the men stand and sit on two hay wagons, and three men stand on the ground, in front of a box car. Some...

Date: 1930 before

Description: Group portrait of Winnebago County Asylum staff members sitting on steps, including the Superintendent, E.E. Manuel, seated in the back row, far right. Geo...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A view of Paine Lumber Company from across the Fox River. Was founded in 1853 by Edward L. Paine, located on the east bank of the Fox River.

Date: 1930 before

Description: Outdoor group portrait of the Winnebago County Asylum administrative and nursing staff posed around a bench near a tree. Included in the portrait are the S...

Photograph

EAA Convention

Date: 1986-08 

Description: "An artist plies his trade at the EAA Convention at Oshkosh."

Date: 1930 before

Description: Quarter-length studio portrait of E.E. Manuel, Superintendent of the Winnebago County Asylum.

Date:  

Description: Left side view of Chicago,Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway locomotive engine no. 901, class J2, built by Borrks Locomotive Works in 1887. Engineer Jake Rhyner...

Photograph

Mears House

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Mears residence, located at 71 North Park Avenue. The woodshed of this home was Helem Mear's first studio. Mary Mears wrote her first novel "Emma Lou--Her...

Date: 1930 before

Description: Dining room table illuminated by sunlight from a nearby window, located at the Winnebago County Asylum.

Photograph

Osborn House

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: A distant view of the residence of J.H. Osborn. Osborn moved to Oshkosh in 1844 from New York City. He farmed, traded real estate, and was involved in loca...

Date: 1930 before

Description: Quarter-length studio portrait of Olphene Manuel, Matron of the Winnebago County Asylum.

Date: 1930 before

Description: A man wearing an apron stands in a large kitchen located at the Winnebago County Asylum. Above him are pots and pans hanging from the ceiling. There is a l...

Photograph

Sawyer House

Date: 1914 

Description: Home of Philetus SawyerÂ’s son Edgar. Built in 1908, it became the home of the Oshkosh Public Museum in the 1920s. It still stands (with additions) at 133...

Photograph

Cedar Street Bridge

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph view of Cedar Street Bridge(?). The construction of this bridge is the same as the Cedar Street bridge, but as other landmarks are not visible,...

Date: 1930 before

Description: View over fence of a man wearing a hat using a tilling tool in a garden presumably belonging to the Winnebago County Asylum farm.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View from street of a two-story wood frame house, with open front porch shaded by trees. There is a plank sidewalk in front and a curved plank walk leading...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.