1 2 3 4 5 6 7
.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The two-story parsonage of St. Paul's Methodist Church on 608 Park Street.

Date: 1924 

Description: View across road towards the church which has wood clapboard siding, arched windows, arched double front doors, and a three-sided set of stairs leading to...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior of early McDonald's Restaurant.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: The schooner "S.M. Stephenson" was built in Manitowoc in 1880, weighing 511 gross tons. Its owner was A. Bigelow.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Panoramic view of downtown at the intersection of 8th and Washington Streets. The Manitowoc County Courthouse is at the right. Residences and churches can...

Date: 1939 

Description: Schwartz house exterior with a pickup truck parked in the driveway.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Jacques Vieau, agent for the Northwest Fur Company of Montreal, built a trading post here in 1796, on what is now called Jambo Creek after the nickname the...

Date: 1897-05-05 

Description: Elevated view of Wisconsin Central freight cars in a rural storage yard near Manitowoc.

Photograph

Kilns

Date: 1968 

Description: A row of lime kilns.

Date: 1979 

Description: From left: Maurice Messerman, Randy Messerman, Howard Messerman, and Rabbi Mayer Relles at Randy's Bar Mitzvah at Anshe Poale Zedek Synagogue.

Date: 1895-12-23 

Description: Horse-drawn implement makes a cut at a crossing where the tunnel will be made for the Wisconsin Central Railway.

Date: 1914 ca.

Description: Various views of places in Oslo.

Photograph

Highway Detour Sign

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Detour sign posted by the Wisconsin Highway Commission, the predecessor of the Department of Transportation, in Manitowoc showing a confusing detour route...

Date: 1939 

Description: Schwartz house exterior with a pickup truck parked next to it.

Date: 1939 

Description: Schwartz house exterior with trees in front.

Photograph

St. Joseph's School

Date:  

Description: Looking north towards St. Joseph's School and surrounding buildings.

Date: 1891 ca.

Description: Exterior view from street of Rand & Roemer Hardware Co. and Henry Hinrich's Drug Store. Also visible are Rand & Roemer Ship Chandlery (nautical supply), Ra...

Photograph

Union Saloon

Date: 1902 ca.

Description: Exterior image of the Union Saloon. The saloon was owned by Joseph Krainik. Three men are standing on the entrance steps of the building and two men are st...

Photograph

St. Nazianz Church

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Church, probably named St. Nazianz, at least unofficially; no source is quite clear on this. In 1845, Father Ambrose Oschwald, hoping to free his co-religi...

Date: 1980-12-28 

Description: Holocaust survivor Rabbi Mayer Relles at his home.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.