1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Paper Mill

Date: 1962-08-05 ca.

Description: Exterior view of Riverside Paper Corporation mill. On the left is a road along a river, and on the right are railroad tracks along the mill. A sign in the...

Photograph

Fox River Canal

Date: 1962-08-04 ca.

Description: A boat travels up the Fox River. In the background are a canal and locks and factory smokestacks.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of Lawrence University campus. Two men stand on the sidewalk in the foreground.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Underwood Observatory at Lawrence College.

Date: 1919 

Description: Interior of the Reliance Motor Truck Company in Appleton, in which the absence of assembly line construction is notable.

Photograph

College Avenue

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: College Avenue looking west from the corner of Morrison Street. The building on the left is the Adkins Building, at the right is the Johnston House. This w...

Date: 1961-09-16 ca.

Description: An interior view of an abandoned Chicago and North Western Railroad roundhouse.

Photograph

Man in Drugstore

Date: 1961 

Description: A man holding a clipboard stands in the crowded aisle of a drugstore.

Photograph

Cement Finisher

Date: 1992-05-20 

Description: A concrete finisher stretches to trowel off a spot during construction of the Appleton Tri-County Bridge over the Fox River.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: St. John's Church and school.

Photograph

Company "G" Armory

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior of Company "G" Armory featuring a turret on the left of a main arched entrance. Published by Fred W. Woelz & Bro.

Photograph

Memorial Chapel

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Front view of Memorial Chapel at Lawrence College.

Photograph

Lincoln School

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior of Lincoln School, which opened in 1898. The view from across the street shows the building's arched entrance and central pavilion. Published by...

Date: 1962 

Description: Valley Iron Works Corporation buildings with alley way between them.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Jim Rupple prepares a horse's hoof before shoeing the horse.

Photograph

Masonic Hall

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Text: "Masonic Hall at the corner of College Avenue and Oneida Street; built in 1855 by Theodore Conkey, it burned in 1874. The Zuehlke Building was built...

Date: 1882 

Description: Building housing the very first central electric light station for distribution of incandescent lighting.

Photograph

Cement Crew

Date: 1992-06-11 

Description: Employees of Lunda Concrete pour the last section of the Tri-County Fox River Bridge deck.

Date:  

Description: Interior of the Treasure Island Store, located on West College Avenue. Store aisles and end-caps full of goods are visible. A single cashier waits in aisle...

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.