1 2 3
.

Photograph

The Sample Room

Date: 1892 ca.

Description: Men standing along the bar of local saloon owned by Liegeois Brothers. Blacksmith Joseph Liegeois, Jr. and his brother John are on the end of the bar. John...

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Men and boys posing with horses and horse-drawn vehicles in front of the Baudhuin and Svoboda store. There is a Post Office sign on the building.

Photograph

Barley Field

Date: 1895-07-09 

Description: A twenty-acre field of barley on the farm of Chas Parey, with two men standing waist-high in the barley. A hardwood forest lines the edge of the field.

Photograph

Threshing on Farm

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Threshing on the Henry Johnson farm. This threshing rig owned by Michael Ehlinger was the first to be used in the township. Standing on the separator from...

Date: 1910 

Description: Hunters dragging deer from woods. In the center is Frank Langeois, son of Joseph Jr.

Photograph

Polish Mother

Date: 1941 ca.

Description: Close-up portrait of a Polish mother.

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: Church of Christ, Scientist, built in 1886, the first Christian Science church outside of Boston and the first in America built for this purpose.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: View of a scene in Underhill.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Interior of Church of Christ, Christian Scientist church, built in 1886, the first Christian Scientist church outside of Boston and the first in America bu...

Date: 1964-10 ca.

Description: Church of Christ, Scientist, crowd of people (children) walking into church.

Date: 1974 ca.

Description: Church of Christ, Scientist, viewed from east-southeast.

Date: 1892 

Description: Interior of shop. John Liegeois is sitting on bench, Louis is at wheel. A young child with a hat sits on a bench, and another man is also standing near the...

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Large group of people posed in commercial area on a wooden sidewalk. Leigeois Bar, Implement Store, and Blacksmith Shop. Joseph Leigeois is shown in the fo...

Date: 2008 

Description: Built in the 1920s by Fred Long, the station located at 9932 County Trunk Highway M served farmers from the surrounding area and housed a small general sto...

Photograph

Public Library

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of the Farnsworth Public Library exterior. The building is constructed of stone and brick; columns and a pediment frame the main entrance. A girl w...

Photograph

Court House

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of the court house facade featuring a domed clock tower. The structure is made of stone and has rounded windows, steeply-pitched dormers, and an a...

Date: 1972 

Description: View across front lawn towards the historic Beyer Home. The front porch wraps around the side of the house to the left, there is a three-story tower room a...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: First Presbyterian Church, which burned in 1890.

Photograph

Holt's Mill

Date: 1856 after

Description: A view of the sawmill and various outbuildings located on the Oconto River. Steam is emitted from a large pipe over over the main building and from two sm...

Photograph

Holt's Mill

Date: 1856 after

Description: Large piles of logs waiting to be processed into lumber sit next to the Oconto River at Holt's Landing. In the background stand what appear to be piles of...

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.