1 2 3 4
.

Date:  

Description: Three men, two of them standing with string instruments and the other seated.

Date: 1926 

Description: A marker commemorating the French fort erected by Rene Godefrey, Sieur de Linctot, which existed on this site between 1731-1736. It is thought that the sit...

Date: 1919-11-25 

Description: Submarine float for parade and bonfire celebrating Armistice Day.

Photograph

Court House

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: View of Whitehall from the Court House.

Photograph

Melchior House

Date: 1925-08-05 

Description: The Melchior Hotel on the Mississippi River, with the "brewery at near end." There is a prominent stone portion at right center with several wings or addit...

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: View of a rural church on a hill and its adjacent cemetery. Beaver Creek Lutheran Church was or still is a Norwegian church.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Aerial view looking east at Mt. Trempealeau from Brady's Bluff in Perrot State Park. The Mississippi River is visible along the bluffs at upper left and th...

Date: 1951 

Description: A marker commemorating the French fort erected by Rene Godefrey, Sieur de Linctot, which exisited on this site between 1731-1736. It is thought that the si...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: A stereograph of Trempealeau from the river.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A brick house with front porch and tower sits back from a road surrounded by trees and bushes. There is a horse-drawn carriage on the drive. Two people ar...

Photograph

Hopkins Gardens

Date: 1946-07-21 

Description: The gardens behind the residence of Johns Hopkins, an artist from Whitehall.

Date: 2008 

Description: This service station located at 23923 Burrows Road (formally State Highway 93) was built in 1931, by Leo Breska. It now houses an auto-repair business, own...

Photograph

Trempealeau River

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Trempealeau River and its banks, with a building and bridge in the background.

Photograph

Steamboat "Quincy"

Date: 1906 

Description: The Diamond Jo line steamboat "Quincy", sunk in 1906 near Trempealeau Mountain, then raised and renamed "J.S.".

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Close-up of replicated stencil work and molding in Independence Opera House auditorium.

Date: 1906 

Description: Group of people stand on pier near the Diamond Jo line steamboat "Quincy", sunk in 1906. It was raised and renamed the "J.S." There are men on the boat, an...

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Main Street looking south.

Photograph

Court House

Date:  

Description: The Court House in Whitehall.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: View of Independence Opera House auditorium and stage from balcony.

Photograph

Platform Mounds

Date: 1905 

Description: Two of a series of three large platform mounds on the top of a high hill, overlooking the Mississippi and Black River valleys. Two young children are seate...

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.