1 2 3 4
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Looking down Washington Street.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Panoramic view showing lake in distance.

Postcard

Hotel Athearn

Date: 1937 ca.

Description: A view of the Hotel Athearn, which was built in 1891 across the street from the Grand Opera House. It was designed by the same man that designed the Grand...

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: Photographic postcard of a building housing a store and post office, surrounded by trees next to a lake.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior of Presbyterian Church.

Postcard

Old Ladies Home

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Old Ladies Home.

Postcard

Water Power

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Industrial area with view of Kimberly Clark Mill and other unidentified mills.

Postcard

High School

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Oshkosh High School.

Postcard

Barn

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Old Stone Barn, built by Harrison Reed in 1847.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of the Fox River with power plants and paper mills.

Postcard

Sawyer House

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: A view of the residence of Philetus Sawyer, mayor of Oshkosh from 1863-1864. Sawyer was also a U.S. Senator in 1881, and died in 1900. This residence is lo...

Date: 1912 ca.

Description: Signs on building read: "Old Partner Tobacco"; "Wisconsin Bag & Burlap Co."; "M. Burstein [ ] and Associates Paper Stock".

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Lakeside Sanitarium located on Washington Street.

Date: 1911 

Description: Diamond Match Company. At the time of its building it was the largest such factory in America.

Postcard

Stein's Shop

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: A view of Stein's Shop, "The World's Unique Shop". A colored postcard of the women's clothing store.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: State Normal School. A distant view of the campus.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Elevated view of street and some buildings.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Hicks Soldiers' Monument, located in Monument Square. Presented to the city by Col. John Hicks. The monument was unveiled on July 8, 1907.

Postcard

Doty Loggery

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Doty's Loggery, the home of James Duane Doty.

Postcard

Yacht Club

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Yacht Club on Lake Winnebago. There is a widow's walk on the roof, and a large wrap-around porch.

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.