1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: View of Edward C. Berner's ice cream store.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Judge James C. Hopkins house built in 1850 at 134 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Morris E. Fuller House located at 423 North Pinckney Street, built by Napolean B. Van Slyke about 1865. The house was later owned by Fuller and Robert...

Painting

Music Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Music Hall, University of Wisconsin-Madison, designed by John F. Rague, and built in 1851 as the first building on campus.

Painting

Portage Painting

Date: 1856 

Description: "After painting a number of Fox River scenes, "the artists continued their way to Fond du Lac, at the south end of Lake Winnebago, where they found some mo...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: John H. Knight house, 28 East Gilman Street, built by Napoleon B. Van Slyke in 1858. Later owned by Knight, then Dr. George Keenan.

Painting

Stoner House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Stoner house, located at 321 South Hamilton Street.

Date: 1856 

Description: "Three views in a short space show the peaceful appearance of what is now a busy paper mills center....[One of them] is Little Chute, one of the pleasantes...

Painting

Lake Monona

Date:  date unknown

Description: Watercolor painting of Lake Monona from asylum grounds or Governor's Island. On the far shoreline is Madison and the Wisconsin State Capitol.

Painting

Watertown

Date: 1841 

Description: View of Watertown.

Date: 1856 

Description: "....At Grand Chute stood the young settlement of Appleton. Although only a few years old, it already boasted a college, named, as was the village itself,...

Painting

Garnhart House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house at 424 North Pinckney Street was built by Samuel H. Donnell in 1857-1858. Donnell was one of the architects for the former Capitol, and the house...

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the second site, with buildings of 1829-?), on the east bank of the Mississippi River, about 2 miles above the mouth of the Wisconsin River.

Painting

South Hall

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: South Hall, University of Wisconsin-Madison, designed by John F. Rague, and built in 1855 as the second University building. It was used initially for gene...

Date: 1952 

Description: Watercolor painting of a Wolff-Kubly & Hirsig building (the site of the current Wisconsin Historical Museum) under construction.

Painting

Neckerman House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Neckerman house, located at 208-212 Monona Avenue, (now Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard), built by General David Atwood and his partner Royal Buck as...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Lucien Stanley Hanks house, located at 216 Langdon Street, was built in 1877.

Date: 1856 ca.

Description: On June 20, 1856 H√∂lzlhuber took a two-wheeled horse cart from the Lake Shore Railroad depot in Milwaukee to East Water Street and the home of his hosts, t...

Date: 1856 ca.

Description: Before Samuel Marsden Brookes and Thomas H. Stevenson left the Fox Valley, Morgan L. Martin "commissioned them to paint a series of sketches of the 'improv...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house, located at 222 Monona Avenue.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.