1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Parfrey's Glen

Date: 1909 

Description: Two women pose behind a log which has fallen across the stream in Parfrey's Glen. One woman holds a small pail.

Date: 1870 

Description: Sauk City is the oldest incorporated village in Wisconsin (incorporated in 1854) and also has the oldest organized volunteer fire department in the state,...

Photograph

Parochial School

Date: 1924 

Description: View across street of the two-story Parochial School on the corner. There is a double door entrance on the left side of the building, and an arched entranc...

Photograph

W.H. Canfield

Date: 1906 

Description: William H. Canfield, an early settler of Sauk County, civil engineer, local historian and archeologist, poses outdoors holding a walking stick.

Date: 1931 

Description: A man and his dog are on the lawn in front of a house. A wooden sign reads, "Cottage and Rooms for Rent." Another sign below advertises for "N.F. Sherman 2...

Photograph

Devil's Doorway

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Elevated view of a woman standing in the Devil's Doorway above Devil's Lake. There is graffiti on the rocks.

Photograph

Cars Buried in Snow

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Winter scene with three men standing beside parked cars that have been buried by snowfall and snowplow on Fourth Avenue, Baraboo, Wisconsin. The Sauk Count...

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of Chicago, Northwestern Railroad tracks at Devil's Lake, chartered in 1859. To the right, power lines run the length of the Devil's Lake shoreline.

Date: 1933 

Description: Colorized postcard of the rock formation called the Turk's Head in Devil's Lake State Park. Trees and foliage can be seen to the right and below. The lake,...

Date: 1933 

Description: Colorized postcard of the rock formation called the Devil's Doorway in Devil's Lake State Park. Trees can be seen to the right and below. The lake, bluffs...

Photograph

Mill and Store

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: Exterior view across field of mill and store at Black Hawk. There are feed sacks on the porch of the mill and a horse on the far right.

Date: 1925-08 

Description: A brief article describing the new studio of photographer E.B. Trimpey, including photographs of the front and rear of the building. There is a landscaped...

Photograph

Cornfield

Date: 1906 

Description: Large pile of corn shocks stand in a field identified as the place where Wallace Renan was buried. Farm buildings are visible in the distance.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Bass farmhouse, originally owned by the photographer's father, Isaac Bass. Pictured are the photographer's mother, Lorinda Bass, brother Frank Bass hol...

Photograph

Mirror Lake Dam

Date:  date unknown

Description: View upriver towards dam. Buildings on shoreline at left. Sign on roof reads: "Mirror Lake Boats."

Date: 1909-12-29 

Description: Colorized postcard of the rock formation called the Devil's Doorway in Devil's Lake State Park. Trees can be seen to the left and below. Bluffs, trees, sky...

Photograph

Leland Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The inactive Leland mill, with the faded painted sign, "Leland Roller Mill," on the upper story.

Date: 1922 

Description: View of Devil's Lake from the shore of the Kirkland Hotel, located at the southeast corner of the lake. There is building, perhaps a boathouse, on the shor...

Photograph

Sauk City Brewery

Date:  date unknown

Description: View from unpaved road of workers gathered in front of the brewery building, which has numerous chimneys, and one very tall chimney pipe. One of the men is...

Photograph

Devil's Lake

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view from rocks of Devil's Lake. Several houses can be seen near a road that leads to the shoreline.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.