1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Postcard

Campion College

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A front view of Campion College.

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the front of Lawler Hall at Campion College.

Date:  

Description: Graves of Michel Brisbois and (?) Tilmont on a bluff overlooking Prairie du Chien.

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1830 

Description: Illustration of Fort Crawford.

Date: 1900 

Description: Methodist Episcopal Church.

Photograph

Black Hawk Tree

Date:  

Description: The Black Hawk Tree growing in the middle of the street. According to legend, Chief Black Hawk hid in the branches of this tree for three days during the B...

Date: 1911-10-19 

Description: Pilot Hugh Robinson and his Curtiss hydroplane at Prairie du Chien during a flight that was intended to be the first all the way down the Mississippi River...

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1953 ca.

Description: French Cemetery, showing the grave of Mrs. Alexander Gardipe.

Date: 1864 ca.

Description: Lawler Hall at Campion College. This image was made during the Civil War when the building was used as a U.S. Military hospital. Prior to the war, it was B...

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1953 

Description: French Cemetery.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford. Hospital after restoration.

Date: 1872 

Description: Allegedly the earliest known view of St. Mary's Institute, which later became St. Mary's College. One-half of a stereograph.

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Drawing

Brisbois House

Date: 1934 ca.

Description: A blueprint of a survey done of the Brisbois house.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, restored by the United States Government about 1905.

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of Fort Crawford (1829-1835).

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1864 

Description: Fort Crawford was decommissioned in 1856, having outlived its usefulness as a frontier post. During the Civil War, however, it functioned as a military ho...

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1953 

Description: Tombstone of Jean Joseph Rolette, first agent of the American Fur Company at this post, in the French Cemetery.

Photograph

Boating

Date:  date unknown

Description: Five young boys pose in a rowboat near a large piece of driftwood. Another boat is docked at a pier along the shore.

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the second site, with buildings of 1829-?), on the east bank of the Mississippi River, about 2 miles above the mouth of the Wisconsin River.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.