1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1854-12-05 

Description: This plat map shows landowners, the Mississippi River, the Marais de St. Friole, and an old fort. The left margin reads: "Part of the Main Village of Prai...

Date: 1880 

Description: Stereograph of the Artesian Well near the intersection of Wisconsin and Minnesota (later renamed Wacouta) Streets. The following is printed on the back of...

Date: 1857 

Description: This map shows lots and streets and includes pencil manuscript notations on the front and certification statements on the reverse. The top left margin rea...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: A view of the interior of St. Gabriel's Church.

Photograph

Dousman Family

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Dousman family members sitting on a porch of Villa Louis.

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: This map is ink, color, and pencil on paper and shows streets, farm lots, and a church. Hand written notes appear at the bottom of the map and are very li...

Date: 1938 

Description: Interior, St. Gabriel's Church.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: The Benedict Octagon House, built about 1843.

Photograph

Minnesota Street

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: View of Minnesota Street.

Photograph

Brisbois Grave

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Brisbois grave, tomb of Michael Brisbois.

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: Stereoview of John Lawler's pile-pontoon railway bridge over both channels of the Mississippi River at Prairie du Chien, and McGregor, Iowa. East draw, 396...

Photograph

Commercial Hotel

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Commercial Hotel.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: The Benedict House. Built by Dr. Alonzo Benedict and designed for two families. The original roof did not function correctly, so the builder put on a secon...

Photograph

Fort Shelby

Date: 1814 ca.

Description: Fort Shelby, built by the Americans during the War of 1812. In 1814 the fort surrendered to British forces led by Captain Andrew W. Bulger who renamed it...

Date: 1820 

Description: Undated manuscript map. Prairie du Chien.

Date: 1927 ca.

Description: Military road marker erected in 1927 by Iowa Daughters of the American Revolution at the foot of the old road opposite Prairie du Chien. The road was built...

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of Fort Crawford (the second site and buildings of 1829-?).

Photograph

Brisbois Grave

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Brisbois grave, tomb of Michael Brisbois.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Panoramic view of the east lawn at Villa Louis in winter. The house and office building can be seen at right.

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A view of the ruins of the guardhouse used in 1883. The roof was burned off.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.