1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Woman's Building

Date: 1959 

Description: Woman's Building, one of the oldest buildings in the city. It is believed to have been built in 1842 by John Folsom, an early settler and farmer on the hei...

Photograph

View from Bluffs

Date: 1893 

Description: View from the bluffs in or near McGregor, Iowa.

Photograph

View from Bluffs

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View from the bluffs in or near McGregor, Iowa.

Date: 1908 before

Description: St. Gabriel's Church. The parish was organized in 1817, the site of this church was acquired in 1836, and building began in 1839 under Father Cretin; Fathe...

Date: 1882 

Description: This map is ink on cardboard and shows the location of military forts over the course of years. Also shown are points of interest, streets, the Mississippi...

Date: 1864 

Description: This map is ink, pencil, and color on paper and shows numbered lots and labeled streets. The bottom margin of the map reads: "Recorded in the Registry of...

Photograph

Weighing Guests

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Group of people on the front porch, weighing the guests. A visit was considered successful if the guests weighed more when they left.

Date: 1923-5-27

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Postcard

Pontoon Bridge

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The original Lawler pontoon bridge was replaced in 1910 by this pontoon bridge.

Newspaper Article/Clipping

Will be no Indian Centenary this year

Date: 1921-4-19

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Date: 1864 

Description: Union troops at Lawler Hall which was used as a U.S. military hospital during the Civil War. Originally built as the Brisbois Hotel in 1857, it was given f...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: A view of the interior of St. Gabriel's Church.

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1904 ca.

Description: Graves of Joseph Rolette and his daughter, Elizabeth. Rolette died in 1842. The cemetery itself may date as early as the middle of the 17th Century.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Astor fur trading building, The Northwest Fur Company, in 1808. This building later used as a post office before the Civil War.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A view of the pontoon bridge construction.

Date:  

Description: Rev. Alfred Brunson's home, which was brought in pieces by flat boat from Meadville, Pennsylvania, via St. Louis in 1836. The construction and arrangement...

Newspaper Article/Clipping

Historic Lawler Hall

Date: 1927-10-18

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Newspaper Article/Clipping

Remains of mastodon found

Date: 1874-6-??

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Date: 1929-8-14

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Newspaper Article/Clipping

Honor doctor in Prairie du Chien Aug. 30

Date: 1931-8-12

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.