1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1967 

Description: Watercolor painting of the State Historical Society headquarters building by Paul Duesler. This painting is associated with the 1967 building addition plan...

Date: 1948 

Description: Prior to the 1948 State Fair, artist Robert Hodgell traveled Wisconsin to study its many landscapes. He then produced a series of study sketches outlining...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1023 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer. Winifred Ford, widow of Marcus For...

Date: 1916-03-16 

Description: Benjamin Walker Castle, 900 block East Gorham Street, ca. 1862-1893

Date:  

Description: Left panel of the Wisconsin History Centennial mural by William A. McCloy. Assuming a prominent place is Robert M. La Follette, Sr. He is standing in fro...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Hugo Ballin's "Spirit of Labor" mural from the Wisconsin State Capitol building.

Date: 1884 ca.

Description: Sunrise over Lake Monona and the Madison, Wisconsin isthmus, showing the Wisconsin State Capitol building in the distance.

Painting

Ella Giles House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Ella Giles house, built by A.A. Bird around 1838 at 451 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1966 

Description: Cover for the 1966 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted are two pink lady slipper orchids. The Wisconsin Friends chapter was founded...

Painting

Law Building

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Law Building, University of Wisconsin-Madison, designed by Charles S. Frost, and built in 1893 of Lake Superior brown sandstone.

Date: 1952 

Description: Watercolor painting of a Wolff-Kubly & Hirsig building (the site of the current Wisconsin Historical Museum) under construction.

Date: 1842 ca.

Description: American Fur Company with both Mission churches. Sketch purportedly by a Native American youth. Probably an overpainted photographic copy enlargement. Pape...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: This Italianate sandstone house was built in 1856 by Julius T. White at 130 East Gilman Street. The house was later owned by J.G. Thorp, whose daughter mar...

Painting

Elmside

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Elmside was built by Peter Van Bergen, a prominent builder of the 1840's, at 302 South Mills Street. The house was later owned by Dr. J.B. Bowen.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.