1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1876-08-24 

Description: Hand-drawn plan of the battleground of Huycks.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Aerial view of the last covered bridge, which is no longer standing.

Date: 1926 

Description: The center aisle and altar of the Grace Episcopal Church.

Date: 1968 ca.

Description: View of the S.S. John W. Brown's hull, lines and foredeck equipment from a dock on the Hudson River. The hull reads, "Food and Maritime High School,...

Photograph

Refugees after Tet

Date: 1968 

Description: A crowd of pedestrians, trucks, and cyclists on a road waiting to go through an arch in a damaged building amid the post-Tet destruction in Hue.

Photograph

Dell View Hotel

Date: 1937 ca.

Description: The side entrance to the Dell View Hotel.

Photograph

Music Hall

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: View from Bascom Hill of Music Hall and Library on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Main Street.

Date: 1899-06-12 

Description: Stereoview of rescuers and onlookers standing among the wreckage in the wake of a cyclone. Bare trees, horses, houses, and a church steeple are in the back...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Aerial view of city, with Eau Claire River is in the foreground with Milwaukee railroad bridge at left. Gillette Rubber Co. plant is in center with Omaha r...

Photograph

Public Square

Date:  date unknown

Description: Shops surround a statue on the street corner in a public square.

Date: 1892 ca.

Description: Shows pipes of various sizes, hydrants with hydrant pressure, valves, wells, and projected lines. Differs from earlier versions by inclusion of Wingra Park...

Painting

Walker Castle

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The sandstone house known as Walker's Castle was located in the 900 block of East Gorham Street. According to newspaper articles, it was built in about 186...

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Cyanotype view of the residence on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. The president's home is at the corner of Langdon and Park Streets, the curre...

Photograph

Island City Mill

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Island City Mill. Island City Mill was built in 1867 by Carl Stridde and A.H.F. Krueger, and also called Stridde & Krueger Mill. By 1891 it...

Date: 1951 

Description: Aerial view of Jones Island and garbage disposal plant.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of the town with a church dominant in the image.

Date: 1969 

Description: One of the two towers of the World Trade Center during construction.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: View from shoreline over river towards the town.

Date: 1910-01 

Description: Delos Dudley outside in a snowy yard with dogs "Towser," "Fido" and "Cleo." In the background is a house.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.