1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: The entrance on the left has a small domed tower. On the right is a chimney.

Photograph

T.C. Richmond House

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: View across lawn towards the T.C. Richmond House, which was located on the south side of Lakeside Street, between 505 and 605 W. Lakeside Street. The house...

Photograph

Lincoln Monument

Date: 1908-06 

Description: Unveiling ceremony, in front of Bascom Hall on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Two American flags and a Wisconsin pennant hang from a wire abov...

Date: 1946-11 

Description: Exterior of Edwards Tire Company at 505 University Avenue.

Photograph

Law Building

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: View up Bascom Hill of building on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. A horse and carriage are in the lower left corner.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: View of Mabel Tainter Memorial Theater from across street including 2007 annex.

Photograph

Winter Street Scene

Date: 1899 ca.

Description: Winter scene of two men standing on snowy street with the Wisconsin State Capitol visible in the background.

Photograph

Professor's Homes

Date: 1902 ca.

Description: View of two residences of University of Wisconsin Professors. At 1532 University Avenue is the Harry L. Russell home and at 1540 University Avenue, the hom...

Date:  

Description: Parade with band and automobiles going up hill on Main Street past the arch.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Stone entrance gate to Beloit College, facing Memorial Hall.

Date: 1969-09-14 

Description: Architectural detail on the Yost's-Kessenich's building, located at 201 State Street. The building was designed by architect Frank Riley. The checkerboard...

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: View across snowy expanse towards a Russian village near the Pinega settlement. A wire fence mounted on posts stretches across the entire length of the for...

Date: 1933 ca.

Description: Exterior view across lawn of the Lake O'Bays Hotel on Lake Namakagon. The hotel is a two-story building with many windows. There is a road or path in front...

Photograph

Old English

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of Old English, an estate in a valley setting of the late Mr. Andrew Carnegie. Later, the building was used as St. Stanislaus Novitiate.

Date: 1908 

Description: This map shows townships and sections, landownership, schools, and churches. Includes text explaining survey system.

Date: 1909 

Description: View from street of a street corner in the business district, with a large brick building housing the J.A.W. Sprecher general merchandise store, with fire...

Photograph

Cars Buried in Snow

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Winter scene with three men standing beside parked cars that have been buried by snowfall and snowplow on Fourth Avenue, Baraboo, Wisconsin. The Sauk Count...

Date: 1908 

Description: Outdoor group portrait of the Racine Chapter of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks wearing suits, hats with oversized brims with large flower deco...

Photograph

Yerkes Observatory

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Elevated exterior view of Yerkes Observatory. Trees and a lake are in the background.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Winter view of the Armory and Gymnasium, a.k.a. the Red Gym, taken from the front of the Wisconsin Historical Society, then known as the State Historical S...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.