1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1907 

Description: View of Praire du Chien Sanitarium.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereograph looking northeast from Case's Block.

Date:  

Description: Rev. Alfred Brunson's home, which was brought in pieces by flat boat from Meadville, Pennsylvania, via St. Louis in 1836. The construction and arrangement...

Date: 1900 after

Description: This photocopy map shows marshes, woods, buildings, and selected features including islands, mounds, old Fort Crawford, and "new site for a fort in questio...

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Former building of the Astor Company, also known as the Brisbois Fur Trading Post. At the time this photograph was taken, the structure was occupied by Ben...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Astor Company or Brisbois fur trading post.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Bluff Street looking east. Pencil notation on this photo; reads "House marked X is my home and is said to be built from stone from Fort Crawford. -A.C."

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Congregational church, organized in 1852.

Photograph

View from Bluffs

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View from the bluffs in or near McGregor, Iowa.

Date: 1953 

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Date:  date unknown

Description: This map shows farm lots and private land claims on Prairie du Chien. The bottom left margin reads: "Part of sec. 1, T6 N, R 7W and sec. 36, T 7N, R 7W. S...

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date:  date unknown

Description: View across field towards Villa Louis, with a white fence in the middle ground and a race track in the foreground.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: The northwest facade of the Michael Brisbois house, built in 1815.

Photograph

Mississippi River

Date: 1931 ca.

Description: Mississippi River from the Brisbois Mansion. Left to right: Dousman House Hotel, railroad station, electrical plant smoke stack, Diamond Jo warehouse, and...

Photograph

Pile-Pontoon Bridge

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereoview of John Lawler's pile-pontoon railway bridge over the Mississippi River.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford ruins. This image may be even earlier than 1875; by the 1880's almost nothing was left of the actual fort compound buildings.

Date: 1900 after

Description: This photocopy map shows blocks, lots, subdivisions, city wards, buildings, some landownership, and the Mississippi River. The map margins include business...

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: The Benedict Octagon House, built about 1843.

Date: 1872 

Description: Alleged to be the earliest known view of St. Mary's Institute, which later became St. Mary's College. One-half of a stereograph.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.