1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of large brick building (cooperative store) with three open arches on the porch area, and arched windows. There is a house near a bluff in th...

Date: 1856 

Description: " . . . At Grand Chute stood the young settlement of Appleton. Although only a few years old, it already boasted a college, named, as was the village itsel...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Judge James C. Hopkins house built in 1850 at 134 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Jairus Cassius Fairchild, the first mayor of Madison, built this house in 1850 at 302 South Wisconsin Avenue (renamed Monona Avenue in 1877) at West Wilson...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Watercolor painting of the Yahara River north of Lake Mendota. Trees are on the banks to the left with foliage throughout. A meadow is on the right.

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Main Street in Bayfield in 1870 with four cows standing in the street.

Date: 1856 

Description: " . . . The first in their series was not an 'improvement' but a view of the Green Bay settlement, looking downstream. From a simulated rustic fence corner...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The George Storer house, 104 East Gilman Street, built in 1855 by John E. Kendall.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Home of Newell Dodge (1845-1934) Madison alderman from 5th ward, attorney and fuel dealer, 1127 West Johnson Street.

Date:  ca.

Description: A watercolor painting depicting the city of Madison circa 1850-1851.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house built by James McBride at 200 Farwell Drive. The house was later owned by Halle Steensland, Samuel H. Marshall, and Robert M. La Follette.

Date: 1862-05 

Description: Topeka, Kansas, when the 12th Wisconsin Volunteers came marching through the town on their way to Fort Riley, May 1863. Watercolor by John Gaddis of E Com...

Date:  

Description: Elevated view of Indian village, along a river, (in a painted reconstruction) during an Indian ceremony.

Date: 1845 ca.

Description: View of the gorge at St. Croix with a boat and multiple figures visible in the background.

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of the Roman Catholic community of St. Nazianz.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1023 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer. Winifred Ford, widow of Marcus For...

Painting

Bashford House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Bashford house located at 423 North Pinckney Avenue.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: House built by Julius T. Clark in 1859, which in 1878 became the home of William F. Vilas.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.