1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1929 

Description: "Compliments of the Douglas County Highway Department"--Top margin. Shows state-trunk highways, county highways, town roads, trails, boundaries, and concr...

Date:  

Description: A portrait of an elderly Native American man identified only as "the oldest Indian, Solon Springs, Wisconsin." This image is part of an exhibit about Nati...

Date: 1911 

Description: This map, taken from the 1911 Map of Wisconsin showing geology and roads by Hotchkiss and Thwaites, shows the northwest portion of Douglas County, Wisconsi...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Bradshaw home, erected in about 1927 by Peter E. and John W. Bradshaw as a general store.

Photograph

Davidson Feed Mill

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: View of the Davidson Feed Mill near the Amnicon River.

Date: 1929 

Description: Exterior view of the main building of the Superior State Teachers' College.

Date: 1901 

Description: This map shows streets, industrial buildings, a portion of Lake Superior and other lakes, bays, and rivers in portions of Duluth and Superior. Relief is sh...

Photograph

Suomi Synod Church

Date: 1947-07 

Description: Exterior view of Suomi Synod Church. A farm is visible in the distance.

Photograph

Nemadji River

Date: 1953 ca.

Description: Nemadji River at the foot of 2nd Avenue and Robertson Avenue.

Date: 1886 ca.

Description: This map shows lot and block numbers, sold lots, established dock lines, docks, slips, railroads, industrial buildings, streets, and the St. Louis Bay.

Photograph

The Russell Block

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Russell Block, 1606-1608 Tower Avenue. The 1899 City Directory makes the first mention of New York Furriers, Simmons and Malik, proprietors. New York F...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Ashton home, built in about 1853 or 1854.

Photograph

Buckhorn Tavern

Date: 1949 

Description: Customers sit at the bar in the Buckhorn Tavern.

Date: 1855 ca.

Description: Chronicle newspaper office, the first building on the townsite of Superior, built in 1853 by William C. Howenstine, John T. Morgan, and August Zachau.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: View of the Barry Room, containing Sioux Indian relics, at the Douglas County Historical Museum.

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Superior Public Library. In the room are reading tables and bookshelves along the wall. Several doors lead to other rooms, and there i...

Date: 1893-04 

Description: Captain Abe McDougall's whaleback boat, docked at the American Steel Barge Company.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Label for Northern Pale brewed by Northern Brewing Company. The label depicts a lake scene with evergreen trees in the background and the round Northern Be...

Date: 1883 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Superior, county seat of Douglas County, on the shores of Lake Superior, with insets of points of interest.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Front cover and Milk Bar flap from the menu at the Hotel Superior Badger Room, with the name of the hotel set against a circular backdrop and a three-quart...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.