1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1880 

Description: Artesian Well, located near the intersection of Wisconsin Street and South Minnesota Street (since renamed Wacouta). It was dubbed by some to be the "Grea...

Photograph

Dousman House Hotel

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The Dousman Hotel, built about 1862.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the north side of town, from high on the bluff.

Photograph

Brew House

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A view of the Brew house.

Photograph

Trapeze Acrobats

Date: 1912 

Description: View from crowd of a pair of trapeze acrobats performing at a street fair.

Postcard

Sanitarium

Date: 1907 

Description: View of Prairie du Chien Sanitarium. "The ground where this sanitarium stands was the site of Gen. Taylor's headquarters at Fort Crawford in 1832. It was...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Dousman Office building, later used as a pearl button factory.

Photograph

Aerial View of Town

Date: 1958 

Description: An aerial view of town.

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of Fort Crawford (the second site and buildings of 1829-?).

Photograph

North First Street

Date: 1931 

Description: View along North First Street showing the Brisbois house (center).

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view of North Campus at St. Mary Academy taken from a brick walkway. A few structures are visible in the background, and a bench stands near the path.

Postcard

Campion College

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of Marquette Hall, a dormitory for students at Campion College.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: One-half stereoview of town, looking northeast from Case's Block.

Photograph

View from Bluffs

Date: 1893 

Description: View from the bluffs in or near McGregor, Iowa.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, restored by the United States Government about 1905.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Aerial view of the Prairie du Chien plant of Oscar Mayer & Co.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford ruins.

Date: 1872 

Description: Alleged to be the earliest known view of St. Mary's Institute, which later became St. Mary's College. One-half of a stereograph.

Date: 1870 

Description: During the War of 1812, the only battle fought in Wisconsin was in Prairie du Chien, in 1814. Made fifty-six years later, this birds eye drawing depicts th...

Date: 1927 ca.

Description: Military road marker erected in 1927 by Iowa Daughters of the American Revolution at the foot of the old road opposite Prairie du Chien. The road was built...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.