1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Historical Essay

Lice Comb from Fort Crawford

Wisconsin Historical Museum Object – Feature Story

Bone lice comb from site of first Fort Crawford in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin, 1816-1829. (Museum object #1997.62.11941)

Photograph

Woman's Building

Date: 1959 

Description: Woman's Building, one of the oldest buildings in the city. It is believed to have been built in 1842 by John Folsom, an early settler and farmer on the hei...

Property Record

3RD AND BOLVIN STS

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: VILLA LOUIS - carriage house

Reference Number: 12639

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: 

Reference Number: 125482

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1953 ca.

Description: French Cemetery, showing the grave of Mrs. Alexander Gardipe.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Former building of the Astor Company, also known as the Brisbois Fur Trading Post. At the time this photograph was taken, the structure was occupied by Ben...

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: ST. GABRIEL'S ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

Reference Number: 3900

Date: 1922-6-11

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Newspaper Article/Clipping

Historical discovery at Campion College

Date: 1922-5-10

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Newspaper Article/Clipping

Prepare history of state's oldest church

Date: 1939-11-02

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Property Record

CA 500 S BEAUMONT RD

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery

Reference Number: 3910

Date: 1925-10-21

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1946 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois house, owned by John Cornelius.

Drawing

Fort Crawford

Date: 1817 

Description: Forth Crawford (1816-1831).

Newspaper Article/Clipping

Prairie du Chien, Wis., ferry 93 years old

Date: 1929-8-18

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Date: 1923-6-29

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Lesson Plan

Little Elk, 1829

Use the 1829 speech by Little Elk, Ho-Chunk orator, to learn more about Ho-Chunk views on Euro-American cultures

Postcard

Campion College

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of Campion College.

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: 

Reference Number: 3915

Newspaper Article/Clipping

British captured Prairie Du Chien

Date: 1914-7-16

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.