1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1911-09-14 after

Description: Calbraith Perry Rodgers in a Wright Model B at Appleton Baseball Park. Cal Rodgers, a member of the famous Perry family, learned to fly at the Wright Flyin...

Date: 1985 ca.

Description: This photocopied map shows the area as it appeared in 1889. The map shows buildings, lot numbers, some landownership, and the Fox River.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: View from a hillside of either a house or factory on the Fox River.

Postcard

The Lower Dam

Date:  date unknown

Description: Postcard of the lower dam and shoreline along the Fox River.

Date: 1858 

Description: Lithograph view of river with a riverboat on the river, and a family on a hill above the river. There is a wagon or cart on the road below the hill.

Date:  

Description: View across railroad tracks of billowing smokestacks at the Thilmany Paper Company plant. Stacks of logs are piled next to railroad tracks and cars.

Date:  

Description: Underwood Observatory on the Lawrence College campus.

Photograph

Fox River Lock

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Fox River lock in Little Chute.

Date: 1948 

Description: The Kimberly-Clark paper mill on the Fox River.

Drawing

Grignon House

Date: 1881 ca.

Description: Reproduction of a pen drawing of the Grignon house. The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon....

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Photograph

Farm of Alex Smith

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: View from a distance of a farm in a valley owned by Alex(ander?) Smith. There is a wooden fence in the foreground surrounding the farm.

Date:  

Description: Original light switch on the wall at "Hearthstone," the home built by paper mill owner, Henry J. Rogers. The residence was the first dwelling electrified...

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date: 1949 

Description: This map is ink and pencil on paper and shows land ownership by name, years of purchase, and city limits. Also included on the right and bottom margins are...

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Methodist Church.

Photograph

Boot Repair

Date: 1970 ca.

Description: A shoemaker repairs the sole of a boot using a sewing machine.

Photograph

Boot Repair

Date: 1970 ca.

Description: A shoemaker in his shop at work.

Date: 1942 

Description: Trees interspersed with college buildings in lower half of image, with Fox River bisecting the middle, and a few buildings across the river with open fiel...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Exterior view school, partly obscured by trees.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.