1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Date: 1941-08-15 

Description: Otto Rindlisbacher, folk singer and maker of stringed instruments, sitting in his shop holding a Hardanger fiddle.

Date: 1913 

Description: Exterior view of Rice Lake City Hall.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Home store, Prairie Farm, Barron County, Wisconsin.


Rice Lake

Date:  date unknown

Description: A boat sits along the wooded shore of Rice Lake.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Barron County Court House.

Date: 1935 

Description: A ribes eradication crew that was part of the white pine blister rust effort in a Barron County forest. The caption indicates that the crew, which was com...

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: This map shows improved town roads, federal highways, county highways, public boat access, public hunting areas, railroads, and lakes in the area around th...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Men, women and children holding boxes and pails in the forest. Original caption reads: "VI Drive to W.S.; Chippewa blueberry pickers." The photograph is pa...


Chetek Street

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Street scene in Chetek.


Home Store

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Home Store or Big Store was built by Mr. George Scott in 1901, and was the town's main general store, which was built to replace the old Knapp, Stout & Com...

Date: 1872 after

Description: A view of the Rice Lake Lumber Company Mill, taken from a high vantage point. A formation of logs sits in the river while piles of finished boards sit in...

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Front view of the Third Ward School.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A vine-covered arched trellis with a yoke hanging from it is over the path leading into the camp. A camp building is in the background.

Date: 1938-10-12 

Description: Men work with a Universal crusher, used to crush 400 yards of gravel in 8 hours. The crusher was powered by an International PA-100 power unit owned by E.F...

Date: 1960-08-12 

Description: Walter Lofblad, a Cumberland farmer, with miniature Milwaukee Braves figures he carved from basswood. The carved set includes the entire starting lineup, m...

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Exterior view of The Cumberland Hotel. The hotel opened in March of 1891 and was demolished in 1965.


Park House Hotel

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View of the Park House Hotel (called the Commercial House before 1888), which burned down in 1892.


Views of Haugen

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Multiples views of Haugen, including a church, a school with a group of students posed outside, and a train.


La Salle Street

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of La Salle Street, looking east.


Description: Altered photograph depicting a herring as though it was covered in fur. Caption at the top reads, "Fur herring to be found only in Rice Lake, Wis." No. 20...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: