1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1940-11-06 

Description: Exterior night view of the Darling Shop, located at 9 East Main Street, with people looking at the window displays. A portion of the lighted neon "Darling...

Date:  

Description: View over a train stopped at a grain elevator in the foreground. The Hotel Ristau is across a street on the left, and a church building is in the distance...

Photograph

Cheese Day

Date: 1930-10-24 

Description: Group of people posing among round wood cheese boxes on a flatbed truck decorated as a float in the Cheese Day Parade. One person holds a sign that says: "...

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Right side view of a Ford Model T Runabout parked in the middle of East Washington Avenue. On the right side of the street in the background is the Fashion...

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of St. Nazianz.

Date: 1974 ca.

Description: Last elm tree on State Street being cut down. The Wisconsin Historical Society and the Memorial Union are in the background.

Photograph

The Old Stone Barn

Date: 1963-09-30 

Description: The "old stone barn" built by the Reeds as early settlers, now used by a member of the city police department as a family residence.

Photograph

E.B. Fred Hall

Date: 1954 ca.

Description: View across road of E.B. Fred Hall, the first home of the bacteriology department, on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. The building is set behin...

Date:  

Description: Aerial view of a Fokker F-VII Triomotor in flight flying low over a buildings in a city. This airplane, called the "Southern Cross," was flown in the sprin...

Date:  

Description: Memohead of the Wilbur Seed Meal Company of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, manufacturer of horse, cattle, poultry, and egg food, hoof packing, and various animal re...

Date: 1887 

Description: Stereograph. From the northeast (contrary to photographer's description.) A large tree stands in the center of the image along the drive, with the home be...

Date:  

Description: Exterior view of the Sturgeon Bay Public Library. Library opened in 1913 with a gift of $12,500 from Andrew Carnegie. Above the main entrance it reads: "Fr...

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date:  

Description: Men displaying horses, the man in the center is probably John Meek.

Date: 1980 

Description: A currently closed castle-looking office, complete with turrets and stonework, located at 6414 University Avenue.

Photograph

Square House

Date: 1974-09-22 

Description: Square-designed house at 3692 Lake Mendota Drive.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the library and museum.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View from sidewalk towards a small brass band marching down a patriotically decorated Main Street. Pedestrians are walking along the sidewalk on the right....

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Three homes visible along Fourth Street.

Date: 1912 

Description: View across street of the Sun Prairie City Hall, a large brick building with two balconies in the tower and arched windows on the ground floor. A person dr...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.