1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1914 

Description: Colorized postcard of the rock formation called the Turk's Head in Devil's Lake State Park. The lake, bluffs, trees and sky are visible in the background....

Date:  date unknown

Description: Three men rest outside a large cabin in a densely wooded area at Devil's Lake.

Photograph

House on the Rock

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of the House on the Rock from the wood walkway.

Date: 1870 

Description: Elevated view of the steamer Ellen Hardy at dock. Text on the bottom left reads, "'Ellen Hardy' at Pr-Du-Sac. in 1870." The Ellen Hardy bel...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Devil's Lake Vicinity; "Effects of photographing among the rocks," foot of West Bluff. Man posed sitting and eating.

Date: 1952 

Description: Wisconsin author August Derleth standing in front of his Sauk City home, "the Place of the Hawks."

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The Island Woolen Mill dam and bridge over the Baraboo River. In the foreground is a concrete "pergola" which shades a small bench. Molded into a concrete...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Picnicking group of men and women along the shore of the Wisconsin River.

Photograph

Public School

Date: 1922 

Description: A view of the public school, a wood building with two front entrances and a belfry. A flagpole, a pile of fuel wood and a seesaw on the left. Surrounded by...

Date:  date unknown

Description: A man posing with a locomotive on display behind a fence at House on the Rock. The sign on the train reads: "Peter H. Burno. Mighty in Strength & Endurance...

Photograph

Marshall Memorial

Date: 1929 

Description: The Marshall Memorial Hall building, located at 30 Wisconsin Dells Parkway South. The building currently serves as the Village Hall of Lake Delton.

Photograph

Wellington Hotel

Date: 1932 

Description: View from across street of the Wellingon Hotel and Cafe at 142 Fourth Avenue. A portion of the Al. Ringling Theatre is on the right; the Methodist Church i...

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Three boys pose in front of Hillside Home School near Spring Green.

Date: 1939 

Description: View of the Lueders cottage, home of the Hamburg-born botanist Frederick Lueders, just before it was torn down to make way for the home of August Derleth.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: View of two-seat lawn swings amid trees on a lawn. Cabins are along a hill in the background. There is an information center on the far left.

Date:  

Description: Posing together from left to right are Elinora, Nellie Arms (aunt of Lewis Arms), and Bonnie Childs. They are at Nellie and Bernard Arms's farm. There is a...

Photograph

Mill House

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Mill House is another component of the compound at House on the Rock.

Date: 1961-11 

Description: Telephone pole among marsh grasses and bare birch trees near the Spring Green Bridge.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of Devil's Lake with a cabin visible in the foreground.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: This was the first bridge built across the Wisconsin River, constructed about 1850, although it was not opened to traffic until 1852. It was torn down in 1...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.