1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Elizah Hudson

Date:  

Description: Seated carte-de-visite portrait of Corporal Elizah Hudson, Company K, 13th Wisconsin Infantry.

Date: 1909-11-04 

Description: Color postcard depicting Arthur Pratt Warner of Beloit flying his Curtiss Pusher for the first time, November 4, 1909. Warner was the first person in Wisc...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Institution for the Education of the Blind.

Date: 1800 after

Description: This map on two sheets shows a group of ancient mounds near the southeast corner of the city of Beloit and a group of ancient mounds north of Rockton Stati...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Home on the corner of Milwaukee and Durand Streets.

Date: 1930 

Description: Robert Romley uses a steel husker and shredder near a silo and barn on his farm.

Date: 1885 

Description: Partial removal of railroad bridge over Rock River. A train is on a section not being removed in order to transport men and materials.

Date: 1910 after

Description: The Beloit Public Library. There is a handwritten note: This is just a few steps from the C & N.W. depot." L.E.K.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: The Milton House was supposedly a part of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. The house was built in 1845 by Joseph Goodrich and turned into an...

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: View down Madison Street with houses along sidewalk.

Date: 1903 ca.

Description: Interior view of the Janesville Public Library. The library opened in 1903 and was funded by Andrew Carnegie at $30,000 and Eldred at $10,000. The reverse...

Postcard

Field House

Date:  date unknown

Description: Photographic postcard view of the exterior of the Field House arena on the Beloit College campus.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Colorized view looking down street in the central business district. Streetcar tracks run down the center of the street, and horse-drawn vehicles are on th...

Date:  

Description: View across road, perhaps Pleasant Street, of industrial buildings. In the foreground is a drinking fountain and picnic table. Two cars are parked nearby.

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Magnolia Cheese Factory.

Date: 1906-01-11 

Description: Exterior of Beloit college gymnasium.

Date: 1924 

Description: This map of Janesville was distrusted by the Fifield Lumber Company and features labeled streets, the Rock River, and Fifield Lumber Company buildings in r...

Photograph

Dean's Barn

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The barn of W.A. Dean, built in 1844 and used as a stage barn in the stage coach days. The barn's foundation, silo, and milk room are newer.

Date: 1953 

Description: This map of Beloit shows existing platted streets or highways and proposed street right of way. The map reads: "I hereby certify that this is the official...

Postcard

Water Works

Date: 1919 ca.

Description: Colorized postcard view of the water works, smokestack and water tower. People are lounging under the trees in front.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.