1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: This was the first bridge built across the Wisconsin River, constructed about 1850, although it was not opened to traffic until 1852. It was torn down in 1...

Date: 1929 ca.

Description: View of a man driving an automobile on a dirt road in Ableman. Rock formations are on both sides of the road, and rocks and trees are in the background.

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: View from across street of houses on Fourth Street. House second on left is the McFetridge house.

Photograph

Kipp Residence

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Kipp residence with a woman in the front yard reclining in a hammock.

Photograph

Point Sauk

Date: 1909 

Description: Two women and a man stand in the distance on the crest of a grassy rise.

Photograph

CCC 2615 and 2669

Date: 1935-06 

Description: Panoramic group portrait of Civilian Conservation Corps workers from Camps 2615 and 2669 at Devil's Lake State Park. All men are in uniform. Officers are f...

Photograph

Trimpey Antiques

Date: 1946-05 

Description: Mr. Trimpey creates a self-portrait while photographing the window of his antique shop at 128 Fourth Avenue. The window display features dolls from the col...

Date: 1957-06-30 

Description: Nancy Waterman unsuccessfully pours milk for Harriet Anderson (whose name has since changed to Penny Hilley) at the Wonder Spot.

Date: 1929-06-03 

Description: Bernard Arms stands high on a scaffold attached to a house, while two women from the family of his neighbors, the Nofsingers, stand below him on a ladder p...

Photograph

Race Car

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: A man in racing attire and goggles sits behind the wheel of a race car. There is a cement block building behind him with an open garage door.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Merrimac ferry "Colsac II" is seen on the Wisconsin River behind two signs. The signs read, "Road Closed" and "Ferry Opens April 15".

Photograph

W.H. Canfield

Date: 1906 

Description: William H. Canfield, an early settler of Sauk County, civil engineer, local historian and archeologist, poses outdoors holding a walking stick.

Date: 1928 

Description: View down valley of a procession of hundreds of pilgrims walking up the hill to St. Anne's Chapel which is lined with Stations of the Cross. The crowd is w...

Photograph

World War I Rally

Date: 1918 

Description: A crowd has gathered facing a corner of the Sauk County Courthouse square where a man, elevated above the crowd, waves an American flag. A bonfire burns on...

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Three boys pose in front of Hillside Home School near Spring Green.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Barn used by the Ringling Brothers to store circus equipment during the winter.

Postcard

High Bridge

Date:  date unknown

Description: Colorized photographic postcard of an elevated view of central Baraboo from across the railroad tracks.

Photograph

Dolls in Window

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Dolls from the collection of Alice Kent Trimpey arranged in the front window of the Trimpey Studio and antique shop at 128 Fourth Avenue. There is a minia...

Photograph

Messenger's Spring

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Four men, identified as Charles E. Brown of Milwaukee, Joyce W. Caron, H.E. Cole (second from right), and A.B. Stout, all of Baraboo, rest at Messenger's S...

Date:  

Description: Landscape near Hillside Home School, an early progressive school operated by Ellen and Jane Lloyd Jones, aunts of Frank Lloyd Wright.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.